1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Tv?

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Tannertroop, Mar 29, 2012.

1. Tannertroop

Tannertroop Member

I am having a debate with myself over putting a tv in the shop or not. I am a little worried that I won't get as much work done. On the other. Hand I might be more productive by watching the game and working at the same time. Any thoughts?
    Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

2. Keyda81

Keyda81 I'd rather be weird than normal

I think it would be distracting. I just keep a radio on all the time, lol. But I'm just a newb, what do I know. :)

3. I have one plus a radio. I use the radio about 70% of the time but it's nice to occasionally just turn the tv on to hear a game or some hunting shows! My thoughts were that while I had my water line trench dug, I might as well run a coax cable cause once it's done it's done. I know I didn't want to dig another trench to run a cable line!

4. I have one, but I find myself more often than not just listening to it, not watching it.

5. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

So why do it then? Either work your ass off, or take it easy and enjoy what you want to do.

6. I have one in my shop and would not be with out it for the simple fact that I work in the shop on the weekends while everybody else is out fishing. The weekend is when all the hunting and fishing shows are on that I like to watch but find myself doing more listening than watching. I like to do my fishing in the middle of the week when there is hardly anyone else on the water.

7. I have one and it's always on. I just listen to it and learn stuff while I work. :)

8. eliscull

eliscull Nov. 2011

NJ
    got one in my shop. but i always have hunting videos on as I work. lol

9. Big Tine

Big Tine have a great day

I have a radio 60% of the time and t.v 40 % of the time mostly listening and i have a surveillance camera on my food plots I turn on all day and just glance up at them occasionally its pretty cool.

10. TomCat

TomCat Tommy B. <(((><

I have both tv and radio, it Won't slow you down,
    I look forward to 700 club and rifleman .but then I only pick up about
    5 channels lol

11. socalmountainman

socalmountainman Northwestern School of Taxidermy - Class of '73

Mine has a built in DVD/VHS player. I use it to watch my Taxidermy movies since my little woman takes over my 52" plasma in the house!

12. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

I'm with Socalmountainman. I listen to my taxi dvd's over and over and over. They are burned into my brain. On occasion I'll put in "A Few Good Men", "Jeramiah Jonson", or some other movie I've seen numerous times so I can listen to it and not have to watch it.

13. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

I have a tv and stereo in work area and another tv in the showroom. Trust me, it's not a distraction. I usually wind up putting on the radio during the day and then in the evening I can put on shows if I want, but usually don't look up too much.

The tv is a must have on Sundays during NASCAR & football season. Instead of sitting on my couch at home if I want to take in a game or race, I'll just put it on at the shop and make some money while I'm doing it.

14. nitt

nitt Member

Have. Both but i find it extremely hard to watch tv n work with a scapel only 5 stiches later fixed that .lol just kidn but i do know i listen more than watch , but my shop frequenters seem to enjoy watching there hunting shows. Maybe there wifes have taken over there big screens too!

15. KevinH

KevinH Active Member

I have a TV but only to watch DVD's like Rick Kranes or some other instruction ones. I tried working and watching a hunting movie once but I could get anything done. I just listen to my XM radio.

16. davehyer

davehyer New Member

my tv is on every second I'm in the shop and I rarely look at it. I'm with Micheal though, Nascar football and baseball have to be on.

17. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

If I had XM I'd listen to radio but I hate commercial radio. I've always had TV in the shop. It serves both as company and noise but I'm not a workaholic.I usually spend 10-12 hours there. If there's a good hunting show, good game, or good movie I can listen AND watch as I work. I'm with Michael and Dave.

Some of you guys are scary. You only watch TAXIDERMY VIDEOS IN THE SHOP???????????? Geez, lighten up.

18. TomCat

TomCat Tommy B. <(((><

I have both tv and radio, it Won't slow you down,
    I look forward to 700 club and rifleman .but then I only pick up about
    5 channels lol

19. Jerry Huffaker

Jerry Huffaker Well-Known Member

I don't watch TV, There's nothing on it that interests me. I'd much rather read, study, listen to good music or a combination. I've never watched a single hunting show I can't imagine having a tv on while I'm trying to work.
    My radio stays on most of the day while I'm open.

20. *

* Liberalism IS A MENTAL ILLNESS !

You don'tt have time to watch TV, you have to much work to do... ;D