1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

ear drumming problem

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by HeadzUp, Mar 29, 2012.

1. HeadzUp

HeadzUp New Member

just mounted a deer yesterday and noticed a few minutes ago that the ears are drumming. the glue isn't holding apparently. regardless, what can i do at this point?
    thanks
    Shawnee

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

2. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    You could inject some glue and card or you could maybe open it up and find out what went wrong, and fix. The next day and it is drumming is odd to me something with the materials used or your process is flawed. If you decide to inject, I would definitely figure out what caused it before the next one. 3bears

3. HeadzUp

HeadzUp New Member

Re: Re: ear drumming problem

i used a different glue than normal. it add outward to not be bonding. i just want to get it fixed. its been mounted about 24 hours.

4. brigham boy

brigham boy "if it's horny, mount it"

utah
    If you are using earliners I'm guessing they are too big

5. HeadzUp

HeadzUp New Member

I don't think they are too big at all. they fit really well. i was actually concerned that they might be too small but once i got them set in there good i decided they would work. i could be wrong but
    they were far from even snug when i did them. they fit like every other set of ears i have done without any problems. i just wasn't to know if there is anything that can be done before this guy dies psst the point of repair? i've been babysitting him all day.
    Shawnee

6. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

Just cut and slit the inside of the ear skin as far as you need, in between the hair lines, and press it in the glue. Then blend the cut edges with apoxy sculpt after it is dry, do big deal.

7. HeadzUp

HeadzUp New Member

thanks

8. http://www.taxidermy.net/forum/index.php?action=search2

9. Could possibly be that the ear skin dried to quickly. If the skin starts to dry before the glue does it could cause them to pull away. I had that problem and now every so often I lightly mist the inside of the ear with water once I have them set, and haven't had any more problems. Mist them and then wait 2 hours then do it again, then wait 4 hours and do it again.. Each time a little more time in between until you don't need it anymore.