1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

American Stuffers

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by T Still, Mar 29, 2012.

1. T Still

T Still New Member

If any one is interested, tonight Animal Planet is airing the rest of the episodes.

2. choo choo charlie

choo choo charlie I feel pretty good for the way I feel

I actually think it is about the most stupid show I have ever seen!
    If I walked around acting all faggy and stupid my buddies would have me commited!

3. socalmountainman

socalmountainman Northwestern School of Taxidermy - Class of '73

Charlie, I normally watch it because I'm sitting in my recliner with a Jack on crushed ice..... it's bearable. Joe

4. Patrick J

Patrick J You've got me mistaken for someone else

Can I just ask 1 question? What taxidermist in their right mind would refer to the art of taxidermy as "stuffing? I can't believe they showed a skinned out dog carcass on the show. I bet the animal rights activists went nuts over that

5. Justin P.

Justin P. Active Member

One needs whiskey to make those eyes symmetrical on their pets.

6. TomCat

TomCat Tommy B. <(((><

did anyone notice how they kept saying the dog was started by a traditionalist taxidermist, and how bad it was to do a dorsal cut, heck that's how i do all my yotes, those guys are all idiots, don't know what they are going to do after Dixie leaves, shes just helping them and is smarter than all 3 of the others put together, i hate to think what the pet owners think when they see the show, they make the art look bad. its like Moe, Larry,and Curly, opened a taxidermy shop

7. srholmes30

srholmes30 Living each and every day

My 1st show last night.Mouse chewing up a freeze dried dog,Iguanas tail getting snaped off. :eek:

8. Bill Dishman

Bill Dishman Well-Known Member

there is a large segment of the population that have no pre conceived ideas about how taxidermy is done and what the finished product is supposed to look like. These grammar school dropouts from Arkansas dont portray the industry as a whole in a very positive light.

9. Ron Kelly

Ron Kelly Active Member

I watched the first show . I know it is TV and all that nonsense that goes with it. I told my wife that EVERYTHING taxidermists have worked so hard to show the public how professional Taxidermy can be, just went out the window. The moment that dummy said "We stuff animals" and threw a frozen dog on the freezer, I knew Taxidermy as a respected Artform got set back 20 years.

10. ingramback2life

ingramback2life New Member

PA
    What about when they found the dead cat under the work bench. He said his boy brought it in and put it there. I figure it was just a TV set up to get a laugh out of people. It made me laugh but it does look pretty bad.

11. *

* Liberalism IS A MENTAL ILLNESS !

I loved the chainsaw form alteration myself....It was kinda like watching car race, we go to watch and enjoy but deep down we want to see a wreck.
    I've oops with my sawsall, I just wondered what a chainsaw oops would look like, My sawsall won't take my arm off.......
    Perfect example of 1 step forward and then 2 steps back for taxidermist in general.

12. socalmountainman

socalmountainman Northwestern School of Taxidermy - Class of '73

Justin, Jack is a whiskey and after 2 of them, me and the little woman are giggling at all their antics in the show. I have to admit though, the part about Fred exchanging a freeze dry scorpion mount to get a tattoo in memory of his grandma was touching. I may have even shed a tear on that one.

13. kikkertinz

kikkertinz Glass half full

All this talk about whiskey is making me thirsty

14. Justin P.

Justin P. Active Member

I'm enjoying a Crown right now.

15. They ought to call the show "White Trash Stuffers ".

16. cwt

cwt Active Member

I watch it. What the hell. None of us have the balls to do it when someone comes on here and looks for a taxidermist to do a show.

17. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Can I get an AMEN!

18. brigham boy

brigham boy "if it's horny, mount it"

utah
    I like it I wish they had more episodes. Gets me pumped to go work. For the most part I think its pretty spot on how a taxy shop is like. Most will say its stupid and lame but then wake up and do the same thing that guy does but without the cameras.

19. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Wonder if the Duck Call people are all sitting around raising hell about that new Duck series on TV.... on second thought I doubt it, they're probably smarter and less sensitive than this one profession I heard of who didn't realize that MOST people understand it's a 'reality' show and is not 'real'.

20. cwt

cwt Active Member

Yep...I will bet you could walk into 90% of the shops on this forum and they will look just like that one including depending on what time of year it is