1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Bass, Guadalupe.....(Micropterus treculi)

Discussion in 'Fish Reference Photos' started by DocEsox, Mar 31, 2012.

1. Caught several of these in the Colorado River near Austin, TX earlier in March. Guadalupe is native only to the central highland part of Texas....unfortunately stocking over this species with smallmouth bass has resulted in most of the populations hybridizing.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Brian

2. Tannertroop

Tannertroop Member

Re: Bass, Guadalupe.....micropterus treculi

Beautiful specimen

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

3. I've developed a real affection for the guadalupe bass found only in central Texas. Fished with my good friend Shea McClanahan who has found several pockets of pure guadalupes along the Colorado River. Fished with him recently in November and caught many guadies with some largemouth thrown in too. Shea guided a friend to the new WR Guadalupe bass just a while before I went with him.....it was 3.7 lbs (3 lbs 11 oz)....here's a pic of the little critter:

[​IMG]

Very dark markings due to being in a water well for a few hours.....they actually met a Texas Fish and Game guy at a get out who certified and weighed the fish then it was put in a brood hatchery pond. I'm not sure how this guy is going to get the "we can match it replica" done since there is none that size. HMMMMM. The also took some scales and verified it was a pure guadalupe.

Anyway I thought I'd share several nice guadies of the ones I caught in a few days of fishing. Kind of anticlimatic but the first fish I caught was a monster guad just over 3 lbs.....supposed to catch those at the end of the trip:

[​IMG]

The aqua color on this one's gill plate was very intense.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Brian

4. dougp

dougp Active Member

Great pics Brian....Thanks!! ;D

I guess a guadalupe could be fabricated from a smallmouth blank without too much trouble. I never studied guad's since I never had a cust request one.
    Your pics will sure help if I ever do have a cust ask for one to be done.... ;D

Enjoy 2015 fishing!!

DougP