1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Should my tumbler turn clockwise or counter- clockwise?

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by Warbird, Apr 1, 2012.

1. April Fools! Although I have seen dumber questions than this one on here ;D
  2. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

3. bill@hogheaven

bill@hogheaven New Member

And it wasnt april fools day either.
  4. joeym

joeym Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

5. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

I remember one dumb question, the guy couldn't open his can of hide paste, he was trying to open the bottom of the pail.
  6. lol...I remember that one T.
  7. Randy Miller

Randy Miller Active Member

To answer your original question, it's counterclockwise north of the equator, and clockwise south. Good luck.
  8. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

What if he just puts the bird in backwards?
  9. George

Unless you're left-handed and need a different airbrush.
  10. Randy Miller

Randy Miller Active Member

I guess it depends on which end of the tumbler you are looking at. Oddly, while one end is revolving clockwise, the other is rotating counter. Therefore, if he happens to put the bird in backwards, he can look at the other end of the tumbler and see that it is now rotating correctly. That's basic physics and engineering.
  11. What if it's not a bird, but a deer cape. Would it then matter which way it rotated? If I'm right handed, which end of the tumbler should I reference? :D
  12. George

Well, if it's a Colt, it rotates clockwise from the rear. If it's a Smith&Wesson, it's counterclockwise from the rear.
  13. This one has got me thinking now. And I too have a stupid question. When you pour a hot drink into a thermos flask it keeps it hot. And if you pour a cold drink into a flask it keeps it cold. Right? Well my question is this. How does the thermos flask know which to keep hot and which one to keep cold? It has always puzzled me. Suggestions please.

MITCHELL4 New Member

I say you pour in some freshly brewed coffee and add two Popsicles. Hot things hot cold things cold. correct???
  15. Let me say this about that. I once poured something very cold into a very hot thermos bottle and there was a major implosion. Guess I'll never do that again! :-[