1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Mammals of the Month - April 2012

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by code6202, Apr 1, 2012.

1. Wow.I love that wolverine! Lovely markings. Would he be considered a piebald?

2. Jim B

Jim B Active Member

I guess it is but not 100% sure.I have never got to speak a biologist or researcher about them.It is a Montana wolverine and Montana is the only place I have seen wolverines like that.I know of 5 total and have mounted two.Most of our wolverines are normal colored but occasionally one of these pops up.Those 5 were also from 3 different areas.

I showed pictures of some to the Alaskan trappers on trapperman,to see if any had seen that coloration there but none had except for occasional white toes etc.

3. nina5150

nina5150 Well-Known Member

well i will add 1 this year..lol..finally got to mount up a bobcat with dead phez..joy..i still have to do paint and some grass..:)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Love the expression and pose on that bobcat, Nina. :)

5. nina5150

nina5150 Well-Known Member

tks....:)

6. Already posted a thread about this one in the life size forum, but might as well add it here too. This thread has been one of my favorites to visit and see all of the different life size mounts while I read up on and researched doing a life size deer. Great work everybody!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Just took this to the Minnesota competition last weekend. it's only my second mtn lion. Won masters blue, mckenzie taxidermists choice lifesize mammal and the UTA Artisan award.

Attached Files:

8. ..

Attached Files:

9. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

good looking mount

10. ShadowWulf

ShadowWulf me and my shed hunting pup, Cody

beautiful mtn lion and buck.
    Liz

11. ponyboy

ponyboy Member

Very good on the mountain lion and the base also! Very clean. Hard work paid off..

12. Beast Master

Beast Master New Member

Liking that Yote... Nice Job 8)

13. Beast Master

Beast Master New Member

Had NOT seen the Lion... Very Nice x4

BM

14. bwilke

bwilke Member

looking good everyone, Awesome mtn. lion! My first yote on a wall hanging base.

[​IMG]

15. Love that mountain lion. It's look so lifelike and the large,naturalistic base adds to that. Also, I said in the other topic,but I think the buck looks really nice and realistic too.

Love the coloring on that coyote. Has a very red tint to it. Nice job on him.

16. Steven Klee

Steven Klee Steven Klee Studios

1st time posting in motm, outstanding work everyone. Here's my 1st attempt at an Otter. McKenzie form repro nose

Attached Files:

17. Steven Klee

Attached Files:

18. Steven Klee

2nd attempt at an Otter.... Mckenzie form, repro nose.

Attached Files:

19. Steven Klee

Attached Files:

20. Nice. I like the second otter. So cute. ^^