1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Sale of mckenzie

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by grumpy1122, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Justin P.

Justin P. Active Member

You nailed it George.

2. grumpy1122

grumpy1122 New Member

George you do business your way and I do it mine call it what you want. And I deal with a small mom and pop. That it is why this is America, we will agree to disagree!

3. Bill Dishman

Bill Dishman Well-Known Member

wheres that beating a dead horse icon? Ever hear of the little boy who cried Wolf? Jeez you guys, the sky is not falling.
    Grumpy, how could the "mom and pop" vendors ever offer the selection and one stop shopping convenience that McKenzie does?
    Just because they bought up smaller companies (your words) you stopped buying from them. And this accomplished what?

Time is money. I can open thier catalog and get everything i need right there. combined shipping beats piecemeal orders from several suppliers.
    Oh yeah, i forgot... McKenzie is buying up all the smaller suppliers so they can put all us taxidermists out of business. That one has got to go down as the stupidest remark in the history of taxi.net
    McKenzie continues to be my favorite supplier.

4. psycho

psycho 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!

I'm sure I will be hated more after this, but I hope the prices double at McKenzie! $$$$$$ ;D

5. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

As dumb as Yogi Berra's remark to a guy who asked him about going to a famous restaurant: "It's too crowded. Nobody ever goes there anymore."

Bill, it's my favorite as well for all those same reasons. Guess we can't hope to cure...................................................what's that word????????????????????????

6. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

and at the end of this month when I send in my investment check, I too will be hoping for the same thing Dano. ;)

7. psycho

LOL :eek:

8. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Ha-ha!!! Holy crap, could you imagine what some folks would do if they HAD to charge $400 for a deer!! LMAO!!

9. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

I have a vision and a DREAM......oh sorry.....that line has been used before. LOL

But YES! Yes I can imagine.

10. Richard C

Richard C Well-Known Member

Thirty five or 40 years ago I visited Dick Idol at Rougemount , NC. Dick told me that "the WHOLE (retail taxidermy) industry should DOUBLE their prices and that everything would stay relative except everyone will make more money". Sound like a plan for today too. It will never happen. If you have some of the OLD taxidermy books from the turn of the century, 1800 into the 1900s , guys like Clark, Rowley , Rockwell and others had the same problems we have today. The more taxidermy changes the more it stays the same.

11. But they wouldn't do that. They would stuff it with yard clippings to avoid charging more. You would see a lot of deer that look like Frosty the Snowman... Button nose and two eyes made out of coal!!!

12. marshy creek

marshy creek New Member

RC......you are so correct!!!!!.....however, in this f'd up situation, money talks......more than anytime before.....the purchaser of Mackenzie will take this public....bottom line, Mackenzie has cornered the market.....driven revenue with high margins, and is more than profitable.....no hedge fund underwriter would take control and purchase a business that was not only profitable, but a sure bet to the newbies with other jobs, trying to make ends meet.....raise your prices before the crap hits the fan.........those that follow the market, will soon see a new ticker symple relateted to Mackenzie Sports Products......you can bet, Mackenzie had millions in sales, and caught the eye of the buyer.........this company will at some point be traded on the open market......I can't wait!....for the last 5 years, my WT Deer have been 795.00.....pay the price, or go somewhere else....some in my area have gone to 2008 prices......why?.......everything has increased......it's about time we were recognised for the value at what we do with products that make our job possible, and recognize that we all are what we what we want to be........a winner or alooser.....my option is all subjective, and might not fit with the mentality of many..........but I can tell you, if there was a time to covet the change, it is now.........those that are in follow this story will make a large return when this goes public

13. *

* Liberalism IS A MENTAL ILLNESS !

I just watch these posts.....
    in AWE.... ;D

Marshy...They are public just not in your terms...
    Just buy into LLCP they are a 1.1 billion $ firm.
    Want their number?

14. Old Fart

Old Fart Active Member

I think I'll buy stock in LLCP.

15. marshy creek

marshy creek New Member

with all due respect Dennis.....it is obvious you have no clue as to the terminology in the trading market....going public means that a company in underwritten by an investment firm or bank and is given a ticker symbol and becomes a publicly traded entity, stock....the IPO comes first, and the offering price is set by the underwriter based on their evaluation of the said company....I am more than well aware of who LLCP is....that is common knowledge to anyone who trades stocks.....LLCP is not publicly traded, but some of their adventure capital companies are...there is no doubt, that LLCP can see the viable and continuing growth of McKenzie...period...it is a niece market, and they will capitalise on their investment....Tom has driven his own bus, and made viable investments in many small and large suppliers....LLCP has seen this, and has now taken the first step in capturing the profits from this buyout

16. marshy creek

marshy creek New Member

seriously Dennis....if you just watch these posts, why would you even comment?....if I wanted LLCP's number, I would google it just like you did...it is not a 1.1 billion dollar investment firm, but a 5.0 billion dollar adventure capitalist firm trading in stocks and bonds....they are a black box market maker parallel to NITE, UBSS and NSDQ....I am in AWE, that you would even make comment on something you obviously know nothing about....you can not "buy into" LLCP period...you can however invest in their portfolio....if and when they take McKenzie public like the underwriters of Cabela's CAB, and Dick's Sporting Goods DKS, I will be in line to buy shares

18. psycho

;D venture leads to adventure! ;D

I think a $25,000 investment would be a good start for anyone wanting to get involved when the time is right. I anxiously await that time.

19. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

20. montana art

montana art New Member

N.C.
    So what if they double their prices. Our industry is a luxury item no body needs it in the first place,you think the guy that spent 6000.00 or more on a hunt is not going to mount his trophy if you go up 50.00 buck?.Frankly it's time for me to go up I've been charging 425.00 for a w/t mount for past four years.