1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Research on Taxidermy

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Abrands, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Abrands

Abrands New Member

Hello All,

I am a student in Anthropology writing a piece on Taxidermy and I felt this might be a great place to start. My Research is based around the emotional stance people have about taxidermy (the fact people either love it or hate it), but also the emotional stance that taxidermists have towards their craft. So far, I have read a few sources which say that many taxidermists feel they could never perform this craft on their own pets. I was wondering if any of you agreed on this matter.

The biggest reason why I'm posting on this forum is because I want to know how the actual taxidermist community feels about their craft. I have plenty of academic sources at my fingertips, but how am I going to learn about the emotional ties to this profession/hobby if I'm not talking to the actual people?

Thanks in advance for any cooperation with this post!

Abbey

2. hodx

hodx Herman Darr

ask the people yo represent...PETA

3. Skywalker

Skywalker Well-Known Member

The preservation of animals or their images is the oldest traceable example of artistic expression by humans. Taxidermy is an expression of respect by those who understand the need to participate in the management of our wonderful and renewable natural bounty. Comparing a person who enjoys and partakes in hunting, fishing or other outdoors endeavors to one who doesn't, is like comparing a wild free range Bison to a caged and force fed veal calf.

4. Jerry Huffaker

Jerry Huffaker Well-Known Member

I love it!

5. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

why not ask the funeral industry people who have to perform their craft on their own family members.....