1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

1st Euro's

Discussion in 'Skulls and Skeletons' started by jwmcard77, Apr 3, 2012.

1. My first Europeans for customers hate to see them go! Feel free to leave feedback.

2. Those look GREAT!!

Try to move your D-ring hanger down a little, so you customer won't constantly see it when hanging.

3. Looks very nice. What did you apply to the antlers and horns?
  4. Skulls look great! But what is going on with the finish on your panels? looks like they need some work before going out to your customers.
  5. Knucklehead

Knucklehead New Member

I second that on the plaque finish and the D ring. Skulls look great.
  6. skullclnr

skullclnr Active Member

Yup, skulls look great, wood work, needs some work. Great skulls!
  7. Matt_S

Matt_S New Member

Great job on skulls
  8. skulls look good. did you put varnish on the plaques? i would stick to either a satin or matte finish rather than glossy
  9. Thanks for remarks I used van dykes antler stain for horns on whitetail, I used enviro-tex on panels.
  10. Bob Scott

Bob Scott New Member

LTL here, first post.

Love the Ram! But I'm partial to those.

I'm not a taxidermist, I'm a carpenter, with bad habits and a little land. If the pic comes through, it's an oak plaque I shaped and cut with hand tools, and applied a light French polish to, light meaning I left some of the grain to show through. I gave up on modern finishes a while ago. FP takes some time, but the result is well worth the effort.

Why not wire it like a picture frame? Good weight holding, easy to catch a nail or screw head. That's not a suggestion, I'm curious.

Attached Files: