1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Daughters first Turkey!

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by dmac1175, Apr 4, 2012.

1. dmac1175

dmac1175 Active Member

Finally, the 3 year quest has been satisified. My oldest daughter has been going turkey hunting with me since she was 5 years old. She has been taking a gun since she was 8 years old. Had a couple encounters (one at seven steps) with turkeys but we could'nt seal the deal. Finally, she connected with this nice Eastern up in Kansas at 15 yards on Monday evening during the youth season. It was almost ninety degrees, her black face paint wore off. Guess who is doing a free turkey mount. She is 10 years old and loves spending time in the outdoors with ol' dad. Now it's time to take my 7 year old daughter.

Just a side note, Hevi-shot magnum blend with a Undertaker choke in a 20 guage is deadly. Compared to Winchester Supreme #5 there is no comparision to Hevi-shot.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. That is awesome! Congrats to the young lady and her proud dad!

3. K Kave

K Kave New Member

This is what turkey hunting is all about . I love getting the kids out my daughter shot her first bird at 8,her first question after the shot was, Dad why were you shaking so bad?

4. It don't get no better than that as a Dad!! Lucky you

5. Congrats to the little lady.

6. EHile

EHile Member

Very impressive bird! Congrats to her! :D

7. huntingfool

huntingfool Member

The smile on her face says it all.. Congrats!!!!!

8. xtpoz

xtpoz New Member

AWESOME!!! Congrats!!

9. Great Memories are what living is all about ,I know your proud of Her with good reason,but be proud of yourself for taking the time to introduce Her to the outdoors ,My hat goes of to you both
    God Bless

10. alan webfoot

alan webfoot New Member

what a sweetie ,,really like that first photo,,tell us it will be a full mount.!!

11. dmac1175

dmac1175 Active Member

Yes, I plan on mounting it for her. She wants a full strut.

12. Aileyhoghunter

Aileyhoghunter horns and hooves taxidermy

tell brooklyn congratulations on her bird can't wait tell my boys are hunting birds with me :)

13. socalmountainman

socalmountainman Northwestern School of Taxidermy - Class of '73

Priceless!

14. hntdux

hntdux New Member

Thumbs up! Congrats!!

15. Matt

Matt Active Member

That is a smile that will last a lifetime! Congrats to you and your daughter!