1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Coyote Ear Transplant

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by phoenix-cry, Apr 4, 2012.

1. phoenix-cry

phoenix-cry Active Member

I wish I had taken a picture of the old ears on this coyote pelt. The ear fur had 100% slipped off both inside and out. These ears are from a different coyote! I bought some coyote faces looking for a color match, I never dreamed they would match this well. I turned the new ears, put liners in them, mounted the yote, cut off the old ears, place the new ones in and then stitched the new ones to the hide.

[​IMG]

2. Looks great, can't see where the transition is at all. My avatar was my first coyote job of any kind. I ordered ear liners for it and couldn't imagine how they were going to work. After looking at your pictures, I see why, they were better suited for carding LOL. Thought my bondo ears turned out ok. Anyway, nice job from a guy that has only got two coyotes under his belt.

3. Keyda81

Keyda81 I'd rather be weird than normal

I got those same stupid ear liners, and I'm never going to use them. I landed up using bondo for the first time on my howling coyote. Got the better ear liners for the one I just did earlier.

Great job on the replacement! I'd never known they weren't the original ears!

4. phoenix-cry

phoenix-cry Active Member

Yeah, when I first got these ear liners in I was like "Ummm...what? These don't make any sense." But I started using them for carding and they work great for it! :)

I couldn't believe my luck with the color match.