1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Standing woodie wing reference

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by MRN, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Tuco was pretty photo-friendly tonight and he allowed me to move his side pockets outta the way to see how a wing should be placed on a standing bird, so I thought I woud share. Hope it helps!
    Mike
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. bucksnort10

bucksnort10 Well-Known Member

thanks Mike

Tuco is looking better -- even his legs/feet have better coloration than when I was there.

3. mcrib1981

mcrib1981 New Member

awesome pics... how cool it must be to have a wood duck "hangin' out" in your shop

4. Thanks Mike

5. smalliestalker

smalliestalker and a river runs through it.

Great insight to share. Thank you Mike.

The eye-rings look really pronounced: is that a spring thing?

6. what does Tuco do when you have some of his cousins mounted in your shop?

7. Glad you guys like the pic! And birdstuffer, he pays no attention to all the dead ducks in the shop. I don't think he knows he's a duck! ;D

8. RedTx

RedTx Member

How does one go about getting a pet duck? Its easy to go get a mallard or a farm duck but I would like to get a Wood duck or some kind of teal. Any ideas or suggestions?

9. RedTx, I also have a drake woody like MRN. We both got them the day they hatched from a Game Farm in Green Bay. Getting them to be your pet, requires lots of time with the little guy. I can't leave my shop with out mine running behind me ;D

10. Not to mention, you need to contact the DNR and get the proper license. Getting caught with a captive migratory bird without the permit will get you in trouble. Other than that, it's well worth it. Nothing beats live reference.

11. Great reference, very cool pics and thanks for sharing!

12. wings II

wings II New Member

Mike, that really is a very telling pic of the side pocket pulled down to expose the wing on him. Also, I forgot to tell you, the picture of your woodie drake staring at the computer screen was priceless! Thanks for posting. :)

13. wolfgang

wolfgang New Member

MRN
    I don't think I could get my birds to stand still like that! Nice pictures!