1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

No Easter Eggs or good Friday fishing this year, just a lot of BULL!

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by michael p., Apr 5, 2012.

1. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

I'm on a mission! Saturday, Sunday & Monday, 3 days, 3 longhorns and 2 elk. Gotta stay caught up and I figured this weekend would be a good one for very little interruption.

Wish me luck, if you don't here from me Tuesday, start looking! LOL

[​IMG]

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

2. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

You better get a Mooooooove'n then!

3. That IS a lot of bull !! You're a slave driver!!

4. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

way to much work for three days.....your fingers are going to be sore from sewing

5. michael p.

Think I might have a reenforcement coming Sunday and Monday so that would be SWEEEET! Either way, I can do it :)

Really excited about this group longhorns, Jerry Huffaker and Olaus Lyons gave me some tips that i'm gonna use to take the mount a little farther and Tony at Tony at Tohickon came through with the eyes.

That's what I LOVE about this business, try something different and keep it intresting and it never gets boring.... that helps prevent burnout :)

6. Matt

Matt New Member

Makes me tired just thinking about doing all the work in that time!(LOL)

7. tem

tem Active Member

WHAT :eek: no chocklet Bunny's? no eggs? no creamy puffs little things that look like chick es or Bunny's? wow. you the man 8) have fun Michael. ;D

8. rnviper3

rnviper3 New Member

I'm sure you can do it. Great attitude going into it. We expect to see pictures Tuesday if your still awake.

9. verne

verne Active Member

Pictures Please :) get er done ;D

10. mdupertuis

mdupertuis Active Member

MArking this. Hope you survive and would love to see pictures.

11. jasonb

jasonb I think I'll keep her

Good luck. After doing nothing but lifesize work for so long I would just about kill for a few shoulder mounts, sad thing is now they are like haveing sex for the first time..... it's over way to fast.LOL I am sure that with what you may have learned at Rays you can do it.

12. Looks like your weekend is full plus some. Good luck and I'll be waiting for photos of those longhorns. I will be working every day but Sunday, maybe a little on Sunday, but no big projects. Fish, Skulls and the really big project... a weasel! :)

13. ortegageno

ortegageno Active Member

NM
    Quit taking all those darn vacations and the bulls wont pile up. Taxidermist's don't get to go on vacations didn't you know that. Just messing, good luck on all that BULL. Speaking of vacation I just set up my trip to Alaska for this next year. Fun, fun, fun.

14. hoytman

hoytman UTA Member

Git r done mike..

15. My knees hurt just thinkin about it, wish I was 20 years younger

16. michael p.

Well no gold star this time. I got three bulls done in three days, but there were just too many alterations to do on the 3 longhorns so they would fit right to worry about the elk.

Thanks to Taylor Polson who lent a hand on Saturday and Lee Owens who helped yesterday and today and also to Jerry and Olais who I got some GREAT tips from to help me spice them up a little.

Gonna knock out the Pedestal elk tomorrow and the bugling elk Wednesday. That leaves me Thursday to get 3 days worth of work done cause Friday & Saturday are the NASCAR races! Vroom vroom! :)
    I think Sunday I'm sleeping!

[​IMG]

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

17. country

country New Member

Man those are friggin bada$$! Great work!

18. double shovel

double shovel SilverWillowTaxidermy

How come you never called me? I would have been there to help if you wanted, lol, that would have been lots of fun.

19. michael p.

If I had the money I would have paid for your flight here! You already know your World Show bull was one of my favorite's. Two i've seen close to comparison to yours was a bull Bones Johnson mounted and Jerry Huffakers. All 3 of you make them look so damn good! You 3 together could make a 'Running With The Bulls' scene and make it look real! :)

20. double shovel

double shovel SilverWillowTaxidermy

You wouldnt have had to pay for my flight. You might of had to take me on a an afternoon pig hunt though,LOL. Thanks for the compliments ,I am by no means an expert. Your longhorns look great.
    Curtis