1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Trying to help organize this a bit.......

Discussion in 'Fish Reference Photos' started by DocEsox, Apr 6, 2012.

1. Hi guys.....Ken has kindly consented to let me moderate the fish reference section. My only purpose is to try and streamline the entries so you can find what you are looking for faster and easier. Editing the entries so fish are placed under one entry and the names are bunched together is my goal. Hopefully no one will be offended if the entry name is changed a bit. I do have a love for fish taxonomy and will endeavour to make sure the posted pics are the species named. Additionally if entries no longer have the pictures posted in the message (generally due to deletion or modification from a picture holding website like Photobucket, etc...) the message will simply be deleted...... Any suggestions would be helpful to me.

Photos will be listed by general category for the fish. For example you may be looking for a largemouth bass but under the subject headings it will be under "Bass", then the particular species. Another example would be a bluegill.....it would be found under "Sunfish" then the species....this will keep all the types of fish entries together when using the "Subject" feature to alphabetize them.....

Please anyone with local knowledge of valid subspecies or new species for any fish I would appreciate knowing.....despite what my wife fumes about I don't know everything.....haha.

Brian

PS: When you post your fish photos PLEASE only have a single species in a given thread.

woakley144 likes this.
  2. JE

JE Well-Known Member

Great idea, and thank you in advance ! it sounds like a lot of work.
    Do we simply post our pictures in the relevant thread, or do we send them to you ?
    John

3. Just post them.......I'll look at them from there. Before putting them in their proper category I will leave new posts up for a few weeks so people have a chance to seem them before they are logged into all the previous reference photos for that particular fish.

Brian

4. Ken Edwards

Ken Edwards Taxidermy.Net Administrator Staff Member

Wow! you've been busy, Brian. Great job! I am impressed! Thanks for making it much easier to use this valuable resource.

5. Doc, You the man!!!! Thank you so much for taking the time to do this! Always bugged me when people would start a new thread when there was already one or two of the same fish. I love coming here and getting ref. photos this will make it so much easier.
    So, if I add a bunch of different species of Pacific rockfish should I just put them in the rockfish section?
    Thank you!

6. Travis just put them up one species at a time......then I'll worry about categorizing them.....thanks.

Brian

7. duxdog

duxdog Active Member

Awesome. It has been needed to e done for a long time. Thanx Doc!

8. Jason S

Jason S New Member

Thank you! :)

9. Just a note so nobody thinks I have it out for them.....I've absolutely finished repositioning all the fish photos where I think they belong. In doing so there may have been a few posts inadvertently removed.....if yours was one I apologize, it wasn't on purpose. As close as I can figure there were probably less than ten or so of those incidents....hopefully with the volume involved I will forgiven for any finger spasms during rearrangement. You guys take some amazing photos. Thanks.

Brian