1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

question on importing bobcat skins to the uk

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by Rob58, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Rob58

Rob58 New Member

hi im new to the forum firstly there are alot of fantastic taxidermists on here i can only dream of getting anywhere near you guys anyway.
    im based in the uk and want to know can i, and is it legal, or is there restrictions to send bobcat skins to the uk any thoughts many thanks
    rob.

2. Old Fart

Old Fart Active Member

From the U.S. you will need export licenses and permits. I can't speak to what you would need on your end.

3. naturesmirror

naturesmirror New Member

if its for a one time only , and non commercial, you don't need an export licence.
    it does need to be inspected at an approved port of exit. import.. got no idea.

4. Mike Powell

Mike Powell Well-Known Member

Must also have CITES tag, which should be provided by seller. Always ask before buying - never assume the seller knows it needs to have the tag.

5. When I asked Natural England about import licences I was given this: http://archive.defra.gov.uk/foodfarm/animaltrade/imports/licences/pdf/impgen03-1180.pdf
    Which as far as they explained is a free general licence, allowing the import of listed animals provided they follow the regulations out-lined there.

Of course as bobcat are cites listed species you will need to make sure they are complete with the correct paperwork/tags.

6. Old Fart

Old Fart Active Member

This may help.

Maria Felix

President & Proud NRA Life Member

Hunter International Brokerage Services, Inc.

5674 Stoneridge Drive, Suite 209

Pleasanton, CA 94588

Tel (925) 417-5270 Fax (925) 417-0170

E-mail: [email protected]