1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Need to jump start my collection

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by Cajaka, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Cajaka

Cajaka New Member

South
    I have been collecting bones, skulls and i got my first taxidermy piece friday two canadian geese. Im looking to add things to my collection. The weirder the better. I would like skins, skulls, preserves in jar anything unusual. I am a SERIOUS buyer. All i ask is that it not be over $40. Thanks and hope to hear from yall :) Collection is small would love to have more stuff.

2. WILD BROOKIES

WILD BROOKIES JOIN EBTJV SAVE A RESOURCE

do you want taxidermy or just display items there is a huge difference as $40 gets nothing in art form just to let you know the difference and by the way your geese are illegal unless you can show paperwork predating the current laws

3. Cajaka

Cajaka New Member

South
    I don't think they are illegal seeing as how we have a Canadian goose hunting season that was started in 2006 and its every September. also not looking for art pieces I am looking for wall hanger skins,skulls
    etc. small and unusual

4. Just because you can hunt does not make it legal to sell or buy them. You really should research game laws.

5. You just commited a felony buying waterfowl its FEDERAL LAW.

VERY BIG MAJOR PROBLEMS FOR YOU IF YOU DID

6. elkboy

elkboy New Member

i have a skull you may be interested in

7. I have a few raw skulls if interested. By the way, it didn't say in the post that they bought the geese. All they said is that they "got" two geese. You can't just assume they bought illegal geese with that.

8. TyW

TyW Member

I have a zebra skull $40 plus shipping.
    Wild boar skull w/o tusks $10 plus shipping
    Two warthog skulls without tusks $25 each plus shipping

Your buddy
    Ty Weaver

9. Mandy

Mandy New Member

Very true. People are very good at assuming and thinking the worst of people. I do hope he didnt buy them but im not going to acuse the person. I have seen some weird things on this form and if i see something unlawful i normaly personal message the person since 90% of the time they just didnt know or it was nothing unlawful at all and was a miscomunication (in their righting or my reading) But do we serously need to accuse a person by public posts when we dont know facts. Its rude and embarising!

10. Mandy

Mandy New Member

Also i do have few frozen green skulls... Nothing weird but in good shape. I was planning on doing somthing with them but unsure when i will have the time. I meduim sized coyote and one large red fox skull. I might have more skulls down the road as well as possible weird things. I will keep you in mind but if you buy these skulls from me im sure to not forget about you in the future. We can talk pricing if your interested and it shouldnt be past your spending limit

11. WILD BROOKIES

when you put a price your willing to pay the line of thought would be purchace talk we are trying to educate this novice and we dont need you mandy scolding us its you who should keep there nose out of it

12. Mandy

Mandy New Member

I understand eduacation but that is a good use for personal message. Since it was a public post i dont have to keep my nose out of it. If it was a personal message then of course i wouldnt comment about it! All im saying is that people who assume look like asses when they are wronge. Im not saying anyone is wronge or right but just wish a saw less assuming on this form. I just dont see the point of people argueing on these posts. I guess im adding to the argueing but only to say that if people didnt assume and just helped each other out there would be a lot less argueing on this form.

13. Cajaka

Cajaka New Member

South
    after being scared to death that it was illegal for me to own these I contacted a few people. I can own these which I was confused about at first because of the post I was getting. as long as I didn't pay for them or try to sell them then I am fine. thanks to everyone who didn't jump my case and offered me some cool stuff. glad to have things straightin out.

14. Mandy

Mandy New Member

No problem. Wish you didnt have to be scared to dealth just to learn something. It would be easier for people just to inform you via personal message about there concerns and the laws so you dont have to be freaked out and still not know the laws. Im glade you know know the laws and regualtions on migratory birds. Hope that in the future you will have better luck geting speciement unstead of a rundown on the laws next time you post in the wanted. I do understand the need for eduacating people on the laws dont get me wrong. But like i said before that is a great use for personal messages.

15. Why send a pm? This is a public forum. There is nothing in the rules about posting comments in the wanted section. Just a quick question though, did you get ANY paper work on the geese? How do you know they weren't poached? Just because they were gifted doesn't make them legal either.

16. Mandy

Mandy New Member

True about the paper work. I good question is how old are the mount(s), older mounts that still have paper work is hard to come by. Each animal could potentaly be pouched and many states trust that the professional taxidermist takes all paperwork needed but if the customer doesnt pay they are allowed to sell or in the case of migratory birds (gift) them. I have not seen that the deliquent animals sold or gifted must be accumpanied with paperwork. Either way im not here to argue aout laws.

I know its a public form but i have heard that we should respect eachother and be nice. I dont feel like everyone is being nice and i was just trying to stick up for the underdog and in turn i get targeted by name! All im saying is it would be nice to PM people in question unstead of publicly calling them out. Its pretty much bullying

17. Shot or game farm gifted migratory birds should come with paperwork stated that they were gifted from the original owner. In turn the person that gifted them should have records for that bird or birds.

18. I was notifying them of the law and was not being an ass.It is very important to be the lookout for newbies on here and HELP them out. By the way would you rather me be an informative (ass) or the federal game wardens storming their place and being an (ass) telling them the same information we did,but with a worse outcome, and longterm problems?

19. blackbird

blackbird New Member

I've scored some pretty neat finds over on etsy - you might have some luck there if you check under their 'vintage' section.

20. WILD BROOKIES

way to many novices on here no wunder USFWS TROLL ON THIS SITE EVERYDAY THER IS A LAW BROKEN OR TALKED ABOUT IT USED TO BE AN INFORMATIVE SITE FOR EDUCATED PROFESSIONAL IN THE TAXIDERMY TRADE NOW IT SEEMS AS THE EXPERTS ARE FROM THE D.A. SIDE