1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

how to put a 2 piece lynx form together

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by cooey2260, Apr 10, 2012.

1. just wondering wat the best way to put this form together. it was shipped to me in two peices basically cut in half just wondering wat the best way is to put it together if anyone can help me that would be just peachy

2. Matt

Matt Active Member

Line up both pieces and screw it together with about 6-8 long drywall screws for starters. Then you can fit the skin and see if you have to make any alters to it. If you don't, take the screws out and glue the form together. I use my hide paste and then put the screws back in it and you're ready to prep the form.

3. bowhunr

bowhunr New Member

There are a few ways but this works well...take a hammer and put a bunch of divets (about 1/4 to 1/2 inch deep) into both of the cut faces. Mix up some bondo and spread the bondo over both faces. The divets give the bondo a place to hold better. Before the bondo sets, press the two halves together then put a few drywall screws ( 3" or so) on an angle from one half into the other. Once the bondo sets it's really strong. Hope this helps.

4. jorgy

jorgy Member

I use the screws like Matt said but I use foam and foam it back together. I just blow the dust off each half and spread a thin layer of foam in an screw the two sides together. I used to use bondo but I use it less and less on things anymore. I absolutely hate the smell of that stuff and hate to think of what those fumes do to you.