1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Turkey of The Month "April 2012"

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by brettdef, Apr 11, 2012.

1. brettdef

brettdef Member

I'm running really behind this month. We have been really busy and have been in Florida with the kids for spring break. We were able to hunt a couple of days while there and my son was able to take his first Osceola. He has now killed every turkey but his Gould. We have a Gould hunt lined up for later this month and if he is successful he will be the youngest person to ever kill a world slam. We have been very lucky so far and for all of you that have taken kids hunting you know how difficult it can be to make it happen. He has missed a few along the way but as of this past weekend he has managed to kill 12 turkeys unassisted. He has killed every species including his oscillated and all he lacks is the Gould. This past week he killed two Osceolas one with 1 3/4 spurs and one with 1" spurs then we came home and he killed a red phase eastern that is absolutely beautiful. Hopefully by the end of the month he will have his world slam. I have included a couple of pictures and if you guys get a Chance say a little prayer for him. He doesnt realize how lucky he is right now but maybe one day he will. I told him that I would take him as much as I could and when I get old he would have to take me. He seemed to be okay with that. I want to thank everyone for posting picture of birds and hopefully all of you will have as much success hunting as Drake has had this year. Sorry again for being late with the post and hopefully I will be on time next month.

If anyone of you need help with turkeys or have any questions please give me a call

I hope you all have great season and take in several birds

Brett and Terri DeFreitas

Attached Files:

2. A- Fish

A- Fish Stehling's Taxidermy

Congrats to your son. Best of luck on the Gould's hunts.

3. Congrats Drake! :)

4. stuffr2

stuffr2 Member

Way to go Drake!!! We just had our youth season here in NC last saturday and the regular season opens this saturday. I wonder if Drake would be willing to guide on an adult hunt, I need all the help I can get!! ;D

5. huntingfool

huntingfool Member

Congratulations Drake!!

6. ElkinsTaxidermy

ElkinsTaxidermy www.ronelkinstaxidermy.com

High five Drake!!

7. brettdef

brettdef Member

Thanks for the comments I will let Drake see them this afternoon. He is probably going to guide me this weekend.

Brett

8. JerseyJays

JerseyJays Well-Known Member

awesome Brett!

here are 2 i just finished up ..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. rnviper3

rnviper3 New Member

Awesome story Brett. Congrats to your son. Anyone notice that the bird is almost as big as the little hunter. Way to go Drake.

10. RACE98

RACE98 BRINGING YOUR MEMORIES TO LIFE

the gobbler for backwoods bloodline brett, congrats to on the sons turkey

Attached Files:

• gkt2.JPG
      gkt2.JPG
      File size:
      106.4 KB
      Views:
  11. trophy mount TN

trophy mount TN Trophy Mount Taxidermy

awesome Drake! your one lucky dog :p heres a slam i was working on.

Attached Files:

12. ElkinsTaxidermy

ElkinsTaxidermy www.ronelkinstaxidermy.com

VERY nice job Casey!!

13. HuntTrap

HuntTrap New Member

great work

14. brettdef

brettdef Member

Thanks to all for the comments and you guys are doing some niice work this month. Drake took me this past weekend and he was sucessfull as a guide once again. We are leaving for Mexico next monday. I wasnt sure if I was going to make it happen or not but thanks to my wife and her wonderfull way of making things work, its looks like Drake is going to have a shot at a world slam this year. I will let you guys know sometime next week how he does.

Brett D

15. Birds Only

Birds Only Member

Good looking birds Casey!

16. alan webfoot

alan webfoot New Member

sharp looking ''slam'' birds and DRAKE way to go that is a very nice Osceola unusual secondaries!!!

17. Gobble Gobble!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. trophy mount TN

trophy mount TN Trophy Mount Taxidermy

thanks very much guys!! sure appreciate it.