1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

First Bear

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by CBRO, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Had a few slip spots due to using Krowtann, but other than that Im happy with it!

[​IMG]

2. LordRusty

LordRusty If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Ohio
    Been a while since I've seen the Chupaca-Bear! ;D LOL! (Yeah, it's been posted in the past. ;) ) Still a cool looking study of Bear Anatomy!

3. Thats some funny chit right there. Poor little guy

4. Does that bear have mange? 0__0

5. Heck

Heck Active Member

Need to neutralize better next time! Haaaaaaa!
    Gonna get dinged for those wrinkles on the legs too. . . Lol. ;)

6. So it's a black bear... but without fur? Lol what happened to it?

But I still think it's cool ;D

7. rbear

rbear Well-Known Member

What a great reference picture.
    Ralph

8. Not much grooming needed...LOL

9. sportsmen wildlife

sportsmen wildlife New Member

Now you know why its so hard on a bear to work the skin folds out.

10. That's one ugly bear cool mount ( i think i like them with hare SAM said I am)

11. Looks like it had mange. Atleast they put the poor thing out of its misery.

12. Lol I didn't even know bears could get mange. And agreed-must've sucked to be that bear lol.

13. you can borrow my flocking machine anytime.

14. Geauxtigers1421

Geauxtigers1421 New Member

Pretty sure this bear is in a zoo. Also pretty sure it is not mange and the bear was not put down. I read something about it last year somewhere if it's the same one

15. Here's an article on it : ) http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1225042/Germanys-bald-bears-Fur-disease-afflicts-Dolores-baffles-vets.html

16. It still sounds like mange to me. Or it could have been hypothyriodism. We had a dog with a simliar condition once. Couldn't figure out what was wrong with him until the vet finally decided to test his thyroid levels. Apparently, hypothyroidism in dogs atleast has symptoms similiar to mange. A neighbor of ours even called Animal Control claiming our dog had mange,but luckily,by that time we had just gotten the diagnosis and got medicine for him so were able to show the new perscription to animal control.

17. Paul B

Paul B Active Member

I guess if you bring those pics to your next show you shouldn't get dinged on wrinkles if you have a bear mount. No wonder its hard to find a place for all that skin, lol.