1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Taxinet cover page

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by John C, Apr 13, 2012.

1. Congrats Matt, that wood duck is one of the best I have ever seen. I stood there in Kansas looking at thinking "I have never seen a better duck anyway at anytime,not even n the wild!"

I have seldom seen anything that deserved the awards it earned as much as this wood duck. The pic does not do it justice!

[​IMG]
    Wood duck mount by <A HREF="http://www.taxidermy.net/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=9485">Matt Smith</A> of Bird Works Taxidermy on Ft. Worth, Texas winner of the <A HREF="http://www.taxidermy.com/">WASCO Award</A> at the <A HREF="http://www.ksassociationtaxidermy.com/">Kansas Association of Taxidermists</A> convention held in Junction City last month.

2. psycho

psycho 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Congrats Matt, one of my favorite bird brains!

Congrats Matt on your Woody! LOL I had to say it brother. It was great seeing you again and I always enjoy viewing your work! Your a fantastic artist. Dan

3. NDNHunter

NDNHunter 2007 World Chamionships, Reno

Re: Taxinet cover page.

Congrats Matt!!! Wow!!! :eek: :D

4. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

You betcha!.....

Yup, that was a very nice wood duck!

:)

Kerby...

5. Re: Taxinet cover page.

Nicely done Matt. Congrats! :eek:

6. Cory

Cory Keep an eye on quality!

Wood duck, heck, I thought it was a mallard ;D All kidding aside, that bird stood out amongst all. Congrats and nice meeting you Matt.

7. CONGRATS KMA

For the home page! Your birds are very pleasing to look at!
    Good job Matt, Awesome!
    Mike

8. Re: CONGRATS KMA

Amazing work, Congrats!

9. Re: Taxinet cover page.

Congrats Matt from all of us at Walnut Hollow! Beautiful mount and colors from top to bottom.

10. wings II

wings II New Member

Well, I'm now convinced the only way to wake up on a Monday is to be able to open the Taxidermy.net home page and see your own work. :D :D :D I remember the first time I saw work featured on taxidermy.net was back in 1998 I believe, it is simply surreal to have a mount featured.

Seriously, John, Perry, Kerby, Randy, Cory, Alex M, Chris, Kent, Jeff, Mike N., Rowdy, Ernie and all the other folks that have pm'd or called, I can't express how much it means to me. Dan, a special shout out to you my friend. Seeing you at the show was such a great surprise...what a great table of talented taxidermists to sit with... all very humbling and made it that much nicer.

A special thanks to my friend Ted Weyenberg who has always made sure I have the nicest waterfowl heads in the industry and to Walnut Hollow for such extraordinary bases to show the pieces in and a big thanks to all the great Folks at the Kansas Taxidermy Association. :)

Last but not least, A huge thanks to Ken, WASCO and taxidermy.net for the recognition!!

All the Best,

Matt

11. Rick Carter

Rick Carter Administrator

That woody would pass for a live bird.

12. Jimmy Lawrence

Jimmy Lawrence Well-Known Member

He sat with us at the banquet. What a class act. He was so humble, and he laughed, and shared alot of stories with us.

he is a topnotch guy. real down to earth, and wasn't afraid to tell us what he did wrong on his duck! LOL

Congrats again buddy.

Jimmy Lawrence

13. boxerpet

boxerpet Harry Paulson-grateful

Matt,
    That wood duck Drake is beyond gorgeous. Congratulations to a great bird taxidermist.

14. DennisS

DennisS New Member

Matt - Congrats on being featured on the home page! We've been busy since the tornadoes came through, and I just saw this today. Beautiful piece!! Looking forward to seeing you at our show next year...I've gotta get to work now to hope to compete with you! Take care. Dennis