1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

ABNORMAL CRITTERS!

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by Light Rail Coyote, Apr 14, 2012.

1. ShastaDonegan

ShastaDonegan Lets start with ridiculous and move backwards.

That blonde yote is just gorgeous!

2. That cheetah is gorgeous. I love the painting too. Very nice. I wish I could draw/paint like that.

3. Here are some unique Gray squirrels . The white one is not an albino ( did not have red eyes).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Daniel M.

Daniel M. Tongo, the best dog in the world. (Saarloos)

Ohio
    That first squirrel with the red diamond on the back is way cool! This is the most odd colored squirrel that I have mounted.

[​IMG]

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

5. Love all the squirrels. Especially that white one with the red on its back. That's so neat.

Wierdest squirrel I've ever seen was what I think was a silver squirrel,but I'm not sure. I just know that grey squirrels I see are usally more grayish brown thant actually grey,but this guy was actually grey and not greyish brown. Unfortunately, I didn't have time to take a picture or anything before he ran off.

6. I have a half size black coyote in my room.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also have a blue fox that I bought from here last year.
    [​IMG]

I'm getting a black mink very soon that I'll be mounting for my state show in July and will get some picture of it when it is mounted.

7. black mink i hand wrapped not to long ago.... ;D

britny

Attached Files:

thylacinelover likes this.
  8. CodyTheCorgi

CodyTheCorgi Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

I saw a Piebald pigeon in St. Paul today, quite the pretty sight!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/barrypeterson/3486540918/

9. Light Rail Coyote

Light Rail Coyote Active Member

We have hundreds of those guys in Portland. I didn't think they were anything special, but now that I think about it, piebald makes sense. We have a few that are all white, some that are buff colored, and some that are nearly all-black too! Guess I assumed they were all just pigeons. Will keep a closer eye on the colors now.

10. Rurouna

Rurouna Aspiring Beginner Taxidermist | Pelt Enthusiast

I am seriously LOVING this forum. I know this is going back a little ways but that wolverine is just amazing. Those markings are just beautiful. All these animals that are here are beautiful. Nina your work always astounds me :D

Gosh I love all the piebalds. And that cheetah is astounding!

11. Not really sure what the heck is going on with this guy but heres a VERY unique Canadian Goose we saw on Lake Sakakawea in North Dakota Aug 2010. I'm sure he didn't make it past that next hunting season :-\ Very gorgeous animal, I'm very thankful to have gotten these shots. Wish the last shot was in focus but thats about as close as we got to them.

[​IMG]
    Untitled by zombiecupcake155, on Flickr
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Rurouna

Rurouna Aspiring Beginner Taxidermist | Pelt Enthusiast

That actually looks a lot like the one goose that's currently on my aunt and uncle's property right now! Haha, he was born there from two regular Canadian parents but is pure white. I'm guessing ludistic for him, but I'm not sure. I'll have to get some pictures next time I'm out that way.

13. Yes leucistic is the best possibility with whats going on with him. Either way very cool and you sure dont see it everyday.

14. I saw a gang of homeless people cooking one over an open fire downtown not long ago. Hopefully they'll veer clear of the pretty ones. ;D

15. Light Rail Coyote

Light Rail Coyote Active Member

That does not surprise me in the least. :D

16. Daniel M.

Daniel M. Tongo, the best dog in the world. (Saarloos)

Ohio
    Re: Re: ABNORMAL CRITTERS!

Here's one I just tanned up.

[​IMG]

And some colorful mink...

[​IMG]

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

17. Mink

Mink New Member

Here's another fancy fox I added to my collection recently:
    [​IMG]

And a colorful coyote I'll be mounting soon:
    [​IMG]

18. I love those 'coydog' looking coyotes! So unique looking.

19. Awesome Pied ball python! I really want to get one; I have one normal.

This thread rules. Some of the mounts with more than one animal (like that one with the bobcat and yote) almost move me to tears. lol

20. Foxidermy

Foxidermy New Member

Oooh wow beautiful critters guys!
    I've only got a couple of pretty ranced foxes and a black wolf with (strangely) a white star on its back.
    Don't know how to post pics on here though, it never works for me. :/