1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

ABNORMAL CRITTERS!

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by Light Rail Coyote, Apr 14, 2012.

1. Samson

Samson New Member

abnormal critters is an awesome thread!
    i found a video from Vienna, about cool looking squirrels. :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=xjvEoG5L4rE

now i want one of these ;D

Greetings, Karin

2. I have 5 Yote colourations;

[​IMG]

And this is my white-mark Pearl Cross (I wish she was mountable :'( )

[​IMG]

thylacinelover likes this.

3. Light Rail Coyote

Light Rail Coyote Active Member

Anyone got any more abnormal critters? I just sent a silvery coyote to the tannery and will photograph it when it gets back!

4. AMCTaxi

AMCTaxi Wholesale Small Mammal Taxidermist

This is a weirdo coyote I did as a rug about 6 years ago. At first sight I thought it was a dog. When I got close enough to it, the smell told me it was anything but. It had a broken and healed front leg and was missing two toes. I don't know if a car or something else got it. The hunter only wanted a shoulder mount and I told him this thing was too nice to f-up for just that and tried to convince him to do a lifesize. Finally settled on a rug.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. phoenix-cry

phoenix-cry Active Member

Love that yote! Looks like there might be some dog in it. Glad you got him to at least rug it!

6. xWolfHauntx

xWolfHauntx New Member

PA
    Here's my unique little yote, I've never seen one like him before, or since I snatched this guy up. I am totally in love with him. xD And the brown in his fur is much more red in real life too, I've taken to calling him my black and red yote. xD

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. I got this beauty back in Jan... wish she was complete and mountable, that dorsal stripe would have been amazing on a life-size mount..

[​IMG]

That's her compared to my tiny Coyote (same colouration!)

8. skullclnr

skullclnr Active Member

Not all that rare, but pretty none the less. Went up hunting coyotes a few weeks ago and my buddy shot this:
    [​IMG]

9. DARKLIGHTJAK

DARKLIGHTJAK To appreciate beauty, to find the best in others;

[​IMG]
    piebald my brother bought me for the next two birthday and a christmas gift.

[​IMG]
    brindle

[​IMG]
    odd ranch silver

[​IMG]
    black and tan wolf.

my most abnormal from last years season.

10. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

great colors

11. Colorado Buck

Colorado Buck New Member

Here's an interesting dove that I mounted.

Attached Files:

12. I nice red fox with great color.

[​IMG]

13. Piebald doe.

[​IMG]

14. A piebald Fawn.

[​IMG]

15. Some cross duck ???

[​IMG]

16. skallet roseri

skallet roseri needless to say!

I love unique coyotes, been something I cant stop collecting. just few of the coyotes I have collected, some of them I already sold. hard finding a red and black I like.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. Judysan

Judysan The Roadkill Queen

Here's my blond badger

Attached Files:

18. Lizardfeathers

Lizardfeathers Thank you for teaching me through your works...

Here's a Black East Indies Mallard drake... kind of unusual to find. This is my first duck, so its not the best. I have posted it on here before, but these are brighter and more detailed pics of it. Amazing thread... I love the Piebald mammals!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Does anyone have a pic of a brindle coyote that's prepared as a wallhanger? I have a wallhanger that I suspect to be brindle, but it is hard to cmopare nit to pics of mounted or live brindles, if that makes sense.

Nice pics in this thread! Love the oddballs. I have a pied doe cape that I could contribute if my camera was not being stupid. :/

20. [​IMG]

A coyote pup, blonde coyote, red coyote and an unusual colored coyote part of my collection.

[​IMG]
    Thinking more that this guy is a brindle. A coyote I mounted a few years ago with some odd coloring to him.