1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

ABNORMAL CRITTERS!

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by Light Rail Coyote, Apr 14, 2012.

1. Found this amazing otter on Moscow Hide and Fur http://hideandfur.com/inventory/72060063.html

2. Marvin the marbled skunk.

Attached Files:

3. JessiK

JessiK Member

My curious colored pair of wolves... Don't know much about them except they came from Alaska (I didn't buy them from the hunter), but the colorations are quite striking. The first one is 77" and the second is 78". Colors ranging from white to grey to brown to black. Real interesting.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Love the green eyed coyote and those wolves are stunning!!

5. Oddly pattered bobcat

[​IMG]
    Trapper photo:
    [​IMG]

6. That cat is gorgeous.

7. Zombiegirl

Zombiegirl Member

That skunk and those wolves!!! Very nice :) I LOVE that black/silver-ish wolf

8. [​IMG]

9. TaxiderMiss

TaxiderMiss New Member

Such beautiful abnormal animals! I will have to post pictures of my piebald gopher when I get him cleaned up and mounted! Also of the huge timber I'll hopefully be getting.

10. My baby sister just came home from a cycle with this neat looking Hare!

[​IMG]

11. Couple of cream/white collared coyotes with half white tails!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. ryan rhodes

ryan rhodes Active Member

There's some very pretty animals here! Here's a white deer shot in Ohio last year, had a little blondish/brown forehead...

Attached Files:

13. I am loving these yotes!!

14. BlueFrog

BlueFrog Member

So many stunning critters! Love seeing everyone's oddities, and finally have one of my own to share. Purchased on eBay recently. I assume he was ranched.

[​IMG]

15. Sampson fox (genetic defect that prevents guard hairs from growing) from Moscow H&F
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. akvz

akvz New Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I didn't get a pic of this guy finished up, but got some pictures while he was drying. Really blond deer with a crown of brown...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ... and a leucistic redhead. Both were mounted by Rafter T taxidermy.

I'm not sure if antler abnormalities would be welcomed in this thread- I'm sure everyone here has seen tons of them. If not, I have built something of a collection of them I could share, as I'm very intrigued by them.

[​IMG]
    Not really a genetic abnormality; this sandhill crane lost his legs to a coyote trap. Veterinarians managed to give him prosthetics and he lived for a while, though he ultimately died of a heart attack. He's mounted in the Corpus Christi natural history museum.

17. TheFianna

TheFianna New Member

Here are my contributions!

Some piebald pelts
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

blonde/pale whitetail
    [​IMG]

piebald lifesize button buck
    [​IMG][​IMG]

18. Saw this mount by Philip Soucy and had to share. Cougar with a black throat
    [​IMG]

19. How often do you see white eyebrows on a Pheasant?
    For me.. This is a first, and I've just gotten two this evening with white eyebrows!

[​IMG]

20. nina5150

nina5150 Active Member

How on earth dors a cougar get that big of a solid black throat patch...pretty tripp. .but cool..