1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

need earliner adhesive ASAP

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Shawn73, Apr 17, 2012.

1. millardtaxi

millardtaxi JOHN 3:3

Lol...... I Love Earliner/ adhesive debates ;)

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

2. Can I play the show us your great results?

3. my great results are, 2 breakthrough awards and 2nd in the world lrg gameheads this year

4. DeeCee

DeeCee New Member

Ya gotta admitt, those sound like fairly good results!

5. John L

John L Active Member

Not arguing results but would like to see and hear how it's done. That well.

6. I submitted an article on mounting an albino moose to Kathy Bloomquist at the world show. in that article I show how I achieve these results. keep an eye out for it. Pete

7. I've seen Pete's results with bondo, amazing. Then again, look at Dennis Braggs work.

8. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Nothing like an "award winner" blowing his own horn and dropping names.

9. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

Is that what happened? I saw someone who merely made a suggestion. Nothing about awards was mentioned until the quality of his results were questioned. A couple Best of Show awards is a pretty telling example of how well his method is working for him.

10. ShastaDonegan

ShastaDonegan Lets start with ridiculous and move backwards.

Lol I've missed these discussions...

11. George

Cole PLEASE, spare me. If you dint want someone questioning your ethos, you use your REAL NAME and make a statement. The Hindenburg going down and "Sleeping Giant" could easily be "Redwolf". If you want credibility, be creditable. Bill Yox, Rick Carter, Frank Kotula, YOU use a recognizable name. Yet Pete sets here and brags about "setting a trap for me". Short people, little minds, inflated egos. Thank God I'm just a hack.

12. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

It was a trap for you because you are predictable. There's George's way and the wrong way, and if you do it the wrong way George will let you know. Hide paste for ear liner glue is guaranteed to get you fired up, yet more than one "credible" names you listed use it on their earliners. Same goes for Bondo, if the word is mentioned you are quick to jump in. The word Bondo is bait for you no matter what the discussion, and the fact we are discussing this is proof. I don't use Bondo in conjunction with earliners, but I'm not going to dismiss it because I have seen the results you can get first hand. Same goes for Buckeye, 5 min Epoxy, or my preference a 4hr. thixotropic 2 part adhesive. They all work, so why be so close minded?

13. George

Oh Cole, you're just as predictable. You sit and lurk until you can pounce and make some snide or condescending remark. I stepped on Pete's foreskin awhile back and he thinks he's above someone like me just blurting out what guys in your coffee klatch wouldn't. Again, the beauty of never competing and feeling I have to posture up to be important. The TITLE of this thread was "need earlier ADHESIVE". He never asked about using Bondo or lessons. That's why I avoided it because it's just this question that fires up the "experts" to tell a person THEIR WAY is far superior than that used by us commoners. As you said, many of the methods work well commensurate with the skill and dedication of the artist. So take that silly assed sermon to someone else. I'm neither impressed nor intimidated by anyone claiming to be a "taxidermist".

14. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

That's "amateur taxidermist" to you. ;)

So do you hold the record for the most WASCO awards ever won by someone who "never" competed?

btw, I took from Pete's answer that he was using Bondo (likely thinned but I'm not sure) as the adhesive for earliners since that is how the question was phrased.

15. eleven days!!! that's how long it took the self appointed taxidermy czar to take the bait! George you must have circled that computer for days until you could come up with such a stupid response. unlike you, I am out in the real world, helping fellow taxidermist(judging, giving seminars and workshops) to improve the quality of taxidermy. anyone can be an expert hiding behind a computer, why don't you come out behind the curtin o great and powerfull OZ and show the industry the methods you use that make you so much smarter than the rest of us HACKS. GOD love ya George!! Pete Lajoie, proud owner of Gameheads LTD. shrewsbury VT(not hiding ,never was!!)

16. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

I'm not sure that is fair, George may be a cantankerous old fart but to say he doesn't help people is off base. George has helped literally thousands of taxidermists here on this site new and old, as well as others in the "real world" I am quite sure. I don't always agree with George, hell I rarely agree with George LOL, but he is a good person that has done a lot to help others in this industry and I'm grateful for that.

17. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

X2

Eleven days huh. Where would you be and what would you be doing if your wife was terminally ill? :'(

18. ShastaDonegan

ShastaDonegan Lets start with ridiculous and move backwards.

I think "Sleeping Giant" better check his references before pointing fingers...George has helped tons of people...he has answered ever single stupid question I have ever had graciously and without putting me down for not knowing it. His wife is very ill and has been for some time so his time away from home is very limited. To even presume to infer that he has not contributed greatly to the industry (and continues to do so) is complete nonsense.