1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

How I repair broken skull caps! (6 pics included)

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Boxie, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Boxie

Boxie New Member

This has been done before but I had time yesterday and shot some photos throughout the steps. Hope it helps someone!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Thanks Boxie,I have marked this,excellent idea !!!

3. tem

tem Well-Known Member

just in time boxi. had a customer drop off a broken in two skull top plate. from a wt buck. was kick en around some ideas. and then you come along :D. great help. thanks.

4. Lone Wolf AK

Lone Wolf AK Lone Wolf Taxidermy and Wildlife Artistry

Nice visuals. No way that's ever coming apart. The screws are definitely a great foundation. Thanks.

5. linder

linder New Member

Thanks for sharing , good job.

6. joeym

joeym Old Murphey

Good post!

7. BO-N-ARO

BO-N-ARO Hunt hard but hunt safe!

I do this same thing but I add wire from one side to the other....attached by the screws or by drilling holes. I also add a little chopped fiber glass in the bondo. Works great.

8. Thanks Boxie!

9. backcountrychad

backcountrychad Active Member

Nice

10. I have several antler mount caribou to do. I am going to give that a shot. Thank you very much.

11. Curt

Curt Family Life member of the NTA

Thanks for taking the time to lay it all out. Going to try it out on the next one...

12. Thanks for sharing---Even after 40 years of doing you can learn something new and better---Thanks again-----SB

13. rat creek

rat creek New Member

Hahaha and after six years you still learn SEVERAL new and easy tricks every day! Awesome thanks for sharing.

14. Boxie

Boxie New Member

Thanks for all your comments!! Boxie