1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Chinook salmon

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by ausfish, Apr 18, 2012.

1. ausfish

ausfish Member

Hi all just wanting to know where i can buy a 4 pound chinook salmon replica that i can put together myself .I need to buy online and have it postered to Australia also do you guys over there call them by another name. THANKS FOR ANY HELP.

2. Heck

Heck Active Member

King salmon...... But a 4 pounder is pretty small. Is it a land locked chinook?

3. M.T.

M.T. Active Member

I dont know if you are going to find one that small, but a coho could probably work. I've caught several kings that small and smaller in the fall in the rivers, some even down to two pounds.

4. ausfish

ausfish Member

Thanks for the reply guys. Yes they are land locked we only have 3 lakes stocked with them and that is a good size for us down here .They do get bigger but they are few and far betwen. Would like to get over there one day and hav a go at catching a big bugger

5. duxdog

duxdog Active Member

We are fishing the lake here (Michigan)every weekend. My freinds landed 45 Kings yesterday. If you give me a length and girth, I can see if I can get one close in the next few weeks. Also a picture to show the head shape(male/female) and body would be great. Let me know or send me a PM.