1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

looking for a 6' tumbler

Discussion in 'Tanning' started by swb, Apr 21, 2012.

1. swb

swb Member

I posted an add in wanted, but not much luck,I'm looking to buy a large tumbler with at least a 6' drop , not the 55 gallon size ,I was planning on making one but trying the easy route 1st, if anyone has something ,shoot me a pm and I will get back to you I'm located in Wisconsin .
  2. I am currently making a 6' dia x 4' wide tumbler. Relatively easy and so far have about 700.00 into it not including my time. I looked around for a turn key tumbler an did not want to spend the 6,000 to 7,000 dollars plus shipping/freight. You can customize to your needs and there is a wealth of information on here and many are willing to help. If you are interested I can send you some pictures.

3. Any interest SWB?
  4. swb

swb Member

I'm all ears ,let me know
  5. The tumbler is 6’ DIA and 4” wide with a 3’ access door. The frame is 2”x2” square tubing and is powered by a 1 hp motor coupled to a 15:1 heavy duty speed reducer. The drum will turn a 19 RPM. I will add some pictures tomorrow.
  6. mooser

mooser New Member

I have a 6' X 6' that I would be willing to get rid of. needs a little work but its all there.
  7. little elk

little elk Member

Hey Mooser,

I am very interested in your tumbler, if you still have it. Call me at 578-2486 (Nemo, SD).