1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Corsican Sheep

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by Bowhunter18, Apr 25, 2012.

1. Bowhunter18

Bowhunter18 New Member

I have a question about a Corsican Sheep.
    I went to Texas Turkey hunting last week and shot me a Corsican sheep to mount.
    My question is, this sheep has wool like on it but seems to pull off fairly easy.
    Has anyone ever pulled the wool off and mounted one before.
    What little bit I pull off the hair under it looked good..........Any suggestions on best way do this or should I do this?......
    Thanks in advance>..

2. If you shot it last week its probably shedding. Just tan it up and see what is left after grooming. If its your personal mount you may want pull any gobs out that are left. The hair underneath looks good usually.

3. After tanning and mounting, let dry, then when ready to do your finish work, comb the shed wool out. The shed pieces will come out leaving the attached hair. Then take outside and give a quick shampoo, and blow dry. A sunny day is best for this, as you dint want to soak skin just wash it. After dry you might want to comb again, just depends on what kind of look you want?? Definitely don't try to comb when mount is freshly mounted or still in wet stage , as you will pull the good hair out. Hope this helps.

4. Bowhunter18

Bowhunter18 New Member

Thanks PL and TX..............

5. bill@hogheaven

[email protected] New Member

Ask your customer before removing any hair. Their ideas may not agree with yours & its not a pretty sight.

6. It's his sheep Bill.