1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Corn cob

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by tobo, Apr 25, 2012.

1. tobo

tobo New Member

Hello

How small corn cob grains must be for tumbking birds. Like a dust, like very fine sand or bigger?

Is for tumbling hides something different?

If I understand corecctly corn corb is made from corn seeds so I can buy it agriculture shop?

Best regards.

2. bearrug48

bearrug48 New Member

Corn cob tumbling media is made from corn cobs , not corn.

3. you won't find it at an elevator

4. tobo

tobo New Member

Thans for that comment.

5. The stuff you want is a sandblasting medium!

6. papagoose

papagoose papagoose and goslings

you can get the stuff you need from McKenzie , comes in a 50 lbs bag not very expensive if i remember

7. Mckenzie is probably the most expensive place you will buy it. But if you are just looking for one bag then they will be the easiest place to find it. If you are looking for a pallet, I would find a wholesaler/distributor. Perma-Chink used to sale it but I hear they do not anymore.

8. Nina Lukaszewicz

Nina Lukaszewicz Outdoor Dreams Taxidermy

What size should the corn cob grit be for tumbling deer capes? I found horse bedding made from corn cob at Tractor Supply today but it was large crumbles.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

9. #3 20/40 maizorb from Mount Pulaski products in Illinios 1-800-577-2627

10. Did you mean Mt. Pulaski, Illiinois ? 'cause that's where my Maizorb is from, You can find Maizorb at business's that sell industrial absorbents. Like for cleaning spills.Check the "Yellow Pages".............John