1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Holy deer from GA batman!

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by dsbragg, Apr 25, 2012.

1. Was said to be 8 + years old, 220lbs live and has a less than 100" 6 point rack...big old man. I haven't really worked the hide good yet. Eye to nose 8" the swell is 27", has to be a lost deer from up north..lol.

[​IMG]

2. Hogholley

Hogholley New Member

I also have a couple brut's from georgia this year. One with a 26 and one like yours at 27. A lot different than the norm, 19 and 20, lol.

3. Wow that is huge,can't wait to see when done !!!

4. Bob Mead

Bob Mead Mead Taxidermy Studio, LLC

That's a brute!

5. livbucks

livbucks Well-Known Member

Might look funny on the wall to people who don't know.

6. Dennis,,,, maybe you should talk the customer in to letting you transplant a 200" replica rack on that cape!!!

Wow !!

7. My thoughts to Greg, especially with the weird 95" set of antlers. Then again, what a true trophy to get an old deer like that, no matter what size the antlers.

8. livbucks

Trophy no doubt. Even if he was down to being a beamed spike, he would be great to have.

9. Does anyone know the history of this buck?I wonder if he had a monster rack at 4 yrs?

10. Can't wait to see it. Please tell me it is going on a Mears form. Down the road-

11. swampfox

swampfox New Member

Dennis, Do you know what part of GA he came from ? I lost one that size, been looking for him for years now. lol. What are you using for your tan nowdays if you don't mind my asking ?

12. livbucks

Italian Dressing and Orange Glo.

13. Ron, the guy that took him said he and his brother had hunted this deer for 4 years and that when they first started seeing him on cameras he was in the mid 140's and an 11 point.They said he has gone down since then every year as far as antler size. He sent me photo's I asked for when he was explaining the features of the deer, he has a pronounced roman nose on him and I wanted to see what he looked like for reference. As you look at these picks, also notice the extream rolls if you will, that deer never have...even with no turn he has them. Thick old buck.

Here is a pic from 2010...

[​IMG]

This is eary season 2011, look at them rolls.

[​IMG]

Begining of archery season this past year, not even rutted up yet.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. lol...I'm not sure what Co. but is from middle GA. I pickle and use Trubond..great stuff.

15. verne

verne Active Member

That last picture ; just (BEAUTIFUL) :)

16. Boxie

Boxie New Member

Cool looking buck for sure!!!

17. swampfox

swampfox New Member

Been using quite a bit of Italian dressing lately too, but not on capes. lol. I am trying a couple of capes with trubond also. One tanned in the freezer yesterday, one in the pickle to finish up, and tan tomorrow. Now I need to use up these old Coombs forms so I can get me some Mears. ;)