1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Not trying to start a fight, but honestly, how do they do it?

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by michael p., Apr 26, 2012.

1. Your said you do about 100 - 150 deer @ 500. I do a few more than that but lets use 125 deer mounts (total) all mounted in the same time frame.
    Harrys 125 deer @$500 =62500.
    Glenns 125 @ 350=43750
    your up 18,750. on me
    But wait you said you a got a full time guy on them you don't touch-em. I hope your paying him at least 500 a week
    lets see 500 a week x 52 weeks that's 26,000. again were talking just 125 deer
    take that 26,000 in labor from your 62,500 take on 125 deer. that leaves you with 36,000.
    I had 43,750 if we minus your 36,500 from my 43750
    that leaves me with a profit of 7200.00 more.

ote maybe he will get it now.

2. I am not defending 350 i stated right up front from the get go i think i should be getting more, a lot more.
    I just don't believe this market would except those type of numbers. I could be wrong i have been before.
    what i am saying is i am not willing to jeopardize my home, business, autos, on a gamble that i think is a loosing bet to start with.
    If one don't understand that statement alone then they probably have a gambling problem.
    Hell I should jump straight to 500. whats the worse that could happen besides homeless , welfare, food stamps all of Obama's entitlements even a free cell phone
    sound like the good life lol maybe i should.

3. *

* Liberalism IS A MENTAL ILLNESS !

;D I love this thread.... ;D

I'll put money on it that Harry's guy does 8 to 10 a week
    Or more.....12 to 16 weeks max.
    I guess Harry pays him to sit around the other 36 to 40 weeks....... ;D ;D
    I wouldn't have a guy working for me if he can't do 2 or 3 deer a day.
    He's worthless to me.
    Harry you can have this thread....

I just stop by to laugh once and a while.......
    Some of you guys are just SCARED and think with your pocketbook, what you could afford.
    You are cheating yourself and your families.....

4. *

take that 26,000 from your 62,500. that leave you with 36,000.
    Now my 43,750 your 36,500 that puts me 7,200 more in my wallet than yours.

I keep shaking my head at this one....... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
    I guess you work for free, and let's just say your statement makes any sense at all.....and that's a stretch, it makes no sense at all.
    Harry has 36,000 in his pocket and hasn't broken a sweat and his deer are done. you have to still do yours....LOL
    SOO how do you have more money in your pocket than Harry.

5. Michelle_Nelson

Michelle_Nelson Bring on the Bears!

I'll be the first to admit thats my biggest problem. I'm Chicken $h!t when it comes to raising my prices. I was charging $495 in 2011 for a Shoulder Mount Deer. In the past I wouldn't raise my prices more than about $20 - $25 every year or every other year. My #1 reason was because I was afraid of running off or loosing customers. This year I went to $550. Out the door $595ish. This is the largest price jump I've ever made at one time. I am just starting to tell myself screw it. If I loose some, I loose some. I'm making more money and working less. I may go up again next year, not sure.

6. I deleted it was just a repeat worded different.

7. *

Oh sorry I changed my post to be correct.
    you need to go back and read it again.

You truly know nothing about running a PROFITABLE business.

8. doesnt matter if he mounts 1 or 125 a week if there is a grand total of 125 to mount it still only 125.
    If he mounts 1 then that leaves 124 left. if he mounts 125 in one week i believe that leaves 0 left to mount either way it still is 62500.00

9. *

LOL

LOL

you need to give a business seminar.... ;D

I gotta leave here, I can't stop laughing......

10. .deleted it was just a repeat worded different.

11. .deleted it was just a repeat worded different.

12. *

I guess you mounted all your deer for free. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
    You really do work for less than minumum wage, looks to me like $0 per hour

I can't talk to somone as dumb as a rock.
    You are really the one that doesn't get it.

13. FeatherHorn

FeatherHorn New Member

He's trying to explain to you that Harry figured out how to have someone else make the money for him. While you are busting your but to make 7200 more, he's on the lake fishing ;-)

OutdoorHub Mobile, the information engine of the outdoors.

14. *

He hasn't made 7200 more either. ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

But your closer.... ;D

I gotta leave here before I go out of my mind....

I don't know HOW you can get into these threads Harry......and reply
    I'm out of here I made my 1K for the shop today.

BYE.

15. `
    That we all get including me but thats not what were talking about

16. Its taken a * to get on this thread and start the slander name calling.
    I wont take that step. in fact i will go the other direction.
    You my friend have a different opinion, view, and for some reason cant see the numbers coming to the same place. But i respect your opinion and will take it under advisement. You are a leader in the field of taxidermy and carved out a name for your self that will out last you long after your gone. Congratulations on that. I wish you lots more of fame and fortune.
    best rearguard's
    the dumb rock

17. bmdakk

bmdakk Report to moderator

I would rather do 100 at $600 than 200 at $300. same amount of money but more time for me. and i dont have to work as hard.

18. bmdakk

bmdakk Report to moderator

sounds like to me he is mounting 125 deer for free. why dont you take your hourly wage out of the $43000 + like harry takes out to pay his employee? you are your own employee, are you not getting paid to mount those 125 deer? I would quit if i wasnt getting paid.

19. Bryan i see that point it is as clear as day.
    sure the 100 @ 600 is better than 200 @300 but what about the other that can happen 50 @600 That right there is my entire argument. if that happened i would be in deep chit

20. [/quot
    LOl maybe i am a dumb rock it took a good ole Virginia boy in laymen terms for me to get what * was trying to say. if he had said the very thing you just did i would have caved in instantly . I thought he just didn't understand what i was saying about the numbers in written form.