1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Not trying to start a fight, but honestly, how do they do it?

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by michael p., Apr 26, 2012.

1. *

* Liberalism IS A MENTAL ILLNESS !

I NEVER said any words like the ones you seem to hang on ....part time full time trailer park I called nobody a name
    I guess calling someone a speechwriter is rude and personal...you are a sad angry person aren't you..
    I would be also if I wasn't making any money.but we are trying HELP you change that , you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
    I'm REALLY Sorry I stepped over the line thinking your words sounded just like YOUR president. ;D
    But they do. ;D

sorry guys....I could see this coming from Glenn but not this guy, Glenn I got your PM It's all good.....
    I ripped into Glenn and walked him right into scatching his head over this thread and slightly embarrassed him...LOL Sorry Glenn
    Be we are both laughing about it...Glad you got it Glenn.
    D

2. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

I like trailer houses, I just bought one :)

3. nickstax

nickstax New Member

if everyone would bitch about the price of gas this much mabe we could get them to lower there prices. myself like i said before i don't work for free. roundracer i too have put two kids through college with no student loans and i let my customers know that it ain't cheap paying for higher education so don't ask me to be cheap on my work. if your work is good, then people will pay your price. if you do sloppy quick work then you won't be in business long. fyi 22yrs in taxidermy.

4. roundyracer

roundyracer been to the mountain and seen the elephant.usmc 68

Thanks and good luck on the lake.Also thanks American institute of Taxidermy for teaching me.Part time to full time since 1982.Still no mansion on the hill but Id rather do Taxidermy for my price than flip burgers.Im happy and business is slow.Just a quote from another more prominent artist if you aint happy Mcdonalds is always hireing.

5. roundyracer

You wont find me anywhere on this site asking artist to be cheap.Read my replys.Im for all making what they can.I feel some areas wont stand up to some prices.Im still higher than my 2 closes shops and raiseing.You contributors has taught me that thru the years.Ive owned the Boyce tape longer than this gray hair.I like the fact others here are burning the midnight oil while I take in less and make more.Isnt this the goal of most?

6. When a person gets on a social net work of any kind. They need to right off the bat grow a thicker skin. At some point someone is going to say something that just pisses you off. When your thinking with anger it shard to sit here and not come back with some sort of smart a$$ reply or defend your self no matter what.
    Those that like throwing indirect of direct comments like low ballers , sumbags,trailer trash, etc etc should know that some one is going to be offended by it. wither you meant to or not. You really shouldn't be so shocked when someone flies right back at you.
    Voice your opinions loudly but leave the negative insulting words out. I dought that if all of us was sitting in a room having the same discussion those type of comments would not be blurted out . Because you would already know if you did you would be picking up some of your teeth.
    The dumb rock comment in any physical location would have been a teeth picking up event. I saw no vindication in just insulting * back on a PC.

7. *

And Glenn your comebacks made me laugh... ;D

especially the ones like let me slow down so you can keep up with me, or something like that one....LOL

8. roundyracer

Buckeyefever,thanks for haveing a pair.To say the least you arent hideing your name or location.I dont loose sleep over keyboard ninjas.

9. I know lol i didn't say i wasn't guilty but i did remove it to show some respect for you and my self.
    But you weren't laughing you got agitated which is was intended to do.
    you know the two little boys throwing insults and one gets the best of the other. Then the best thing he can come up with is yea! but my daddy can beat yours up ! i believe that was where it was headed,

10. sportsmen wildlife

sportsmen wildlife New Member

Roundy -First name- Racer -last name- from three different states. ??????????????

11. roundyracer

Maybe youre a drag racer!Can only drive straight.3 states thats right.Liive in Al 2 miles from GA and 20 mins from Chattanooga were most of my personel and professional business is conducted.Now you want to know were my driveway is?Or maybe you just needed to be recognized.

12. sportsmen wildlife

sportsmen wildlife New Member

You were the one that has posted people should post there names and location not me. Just saying...

13. Harry Whitehead

Harry Whitehead I love to hunt Buffalos!!!!!

Lord Have Mercy!!!! Look what you boys have been up to!!! buckfever, you still don't seem to get it and that is OK. It is not meant for everyone to succeed. Some have to flail through life and some have to totally fail and others have to succeed. I have had hard times during my career. As a matter of fact I'm struggling a bit right now. Not because I don't have the work or my pricing is incorrect but because I am short of help and I need an "X" amount of work done to float the boat!! So, what do I do? I WORK!! You on the other hand can only do so much. At $350.00 a deerhead and considering the prices that you stated earlier on in this thread for the other things that you do I would have to say that you gross about $90,000.00 tops. That is for you AND your wife based upon your prices. Now out of that 90K you will be lucky to put $40,000.00 in your pocket. Then comes taxes, Federal, FICA (15.62% I think), State, City or County and so on. I'll say this, If your take home is 30K a year I would be surprised. I COULD NOT LIVE ON THAT AMOUNT OF MONEY!! Maybe you can, I couldn't.

BTW, my only full time employee makes about a grand a week with benefits. My part timer makes about $650. AND THAT IS A 40 HOUR WEEK!!! NOT A MINUTE MORE!!! Now, I'll kiss the south bound end of a north bound skunk if you are making anything CLOSE to that per hour!!! Per week!!! Per year!!! And you never will at the prices that you quoted!!!

*, how do I get into these conversations???????

14. *

I duuno, but you were out so I took over.....LOL

15. Harry Whitehead

[​IMG]

At least I was accomplishing something in my absence!!! This stupid bird tore my decoy apart before I could shoot him! Guess in the end he lost the fight!!

*, thanks for taking up the slack!!!

OutdoorHub Mobile, the information engine of the outdoors.

16. *

I could never post responses as eloquently as you do tho' ;D

17. gab

gab Active Member

wow!8 pages since i left!my 2 cents:Taxidermy is not an art it's a business.judge your sucess by how set you are financially.I live in a trailer house and charge $250 less for a deer than the guy down the road.guess i'm a loser too.Buckfever quit defending yourself to the name callers and be happy.

18. Harry Whitehead

Like I said in an earlier post, "what industry DEFENDS being cheap for their customers at their OWN expense"????? If you are in business isn't it measured by how much money your business makes? I have never in my whole life heard someone say "man, that guy was successful" while he was filing bankruptcy!!! Now gab, please explain your logic!!??

19. Harry! i wont argue the fact i need to be charging more, worth more, and the other crap you jumping up and down about.
    What just bumfuzzles the duck out me is where you get this silly idea me or gab is broke. and bankrupt bound.
    I've lasted 28 years at taxidermy 25 of those full time. raised 4 kids bought two houses and the list can go on and on. I would think by now if i was going to belly up it would have happened already.
    Sure there are numerous shops that fail probably for the very reasons your jumping up and down screaming. I think that group didnt learn how to be profitable and goofed off more than they worked or wasn't any good at it.
    With the amount of over head you have your more likely to belly up than a mom and pop operation.
    Your right about a few things and your wrong about some others just as i am.
    Does it really matter what you or I charge as long as we both are happy in the long run. You said you couldn't live off 90k well glad your able to get what you need or deserve.
    You also said you pay you guy 1000 a week, proud for him and makes you a generous boss, but i wouldn't work for that, not because i couldn't live off it. I could make it work some how if i had to. but the reason i wouldn't do it is If that guy was to walk in Monday and at diner decides he wants to go to Disney world for the rest of the week that wont be happening. I can, could, and have. That alone is priceless.
    If by chance you let him, then next week he wants to take another 2 weeks to rest because he tired from waiting in lines at disney doubt that would happen.
    I can, could but haven't lol
    This has gotten old i think i just read this thread from here on out!
    Harry you have a good weekend whats left of it.
    Glenn

20. Harry Whitehead

Glenn, first off I didn't say that you or gab or anyone else is broke or bankrupt. Additionally, I'm not jumping up and down screaming anything. Now get your little feelings off your shoulder and READ what is written. Your comprehension skills are most certainly lacking because you are totally missing the point and obviously it isn't gonna make any difference anyway now is it. It is obvious that you don't have a clue what gross and net or any other accounting term means or how to apply them to your business plan so I'm not going to go back and explain how and where you didn't get it.You do have a business plan don't you? Just what I thought... Also, I have not called you names, just wanted to clear the air there before you started crying about that too! Oh, BTW, going to Disney world one time in 25 years is quite a feat. You have my sincerest congratulations!!!
    Oops, I'm sorry about the exclamation marks, I didn't mean to raise my voice.