1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Not trying to start a fight, but honestly, how do they do it?

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by michael p., Apr 26, 2012.

1. sportsmen wildlife

sportsmen wildlife New Member

It's like I said in a earlier post, low overhead just means that when you pay your taxes you have hardly no deductions. You have to pay out of pocket right at 35%. For a 350.00 deer head that's 120.00 dollars you never see. You now have 230.00 to work with. Not saying that anyone charging these prices does not pay taxes, but maybe they know something I don't.

2. Harry Whitehead

Harry Whitehead I love to hunt Buffalos!!!!!

Everyone is too busy defending why they don't have enough guts to charge more because they don't have enough confidence in themselves. Glenn, if you showed the same passion in being a businessman that you showed in responding to me you could go to Disney world EVERY year!!!!! No apology for the exclamation marks!!!!!

OutdoorHub Mobile, the information engine of the outdoors.

3. *

* Liberalism IS A MENTAL ILLNESS !

X2

4. tazzymoto

tazzymoto Well-Known Member

I've seen this discussion a hundred times, it all boils down to this the less you count on taxidermy to make a living the more you can charge, Most guy's rely on taxidermy to pay the bill's, so they can't take the chance of losing work because there over priced. But when you realize you can make more money doing less, It make's sense

5. 1 my feelings aren't hurt because you mean nothing to me
    2 your always screaming about something the bad wolf NTA
    3 you may not directly called names (You do have a business plan don't you? Just what I thought) belittling , being at smart a$$
    4 crying that's the most funniest, like i care what your Fat A$$ thinks
    5 you assume a lot 1 time to Disney more like 15 but that don't matter wanna see the family pics
    Disney was just the excuse could have been hunting, fishing, what ever.
    6 who gives a rat a$$ if the air gets cleared you dont nor do I
    7 I let you drag me right back in it again, Its obvious you like the drama, my best advise to you is go get laid you need it bad !

6. Harry the palm reader man
    I just about have harry i just about have but who counting oh you are!
    The passion goes both ways doesnt it your responding back to mine as well
    You heard IF THE SHOE FITS WEAR IT,

Harry i am curious, What would you have me to do her?.
    a- Bow down and kiss you righteous A$$ and ask for forgiveness
    b- help your ego by admitting your right
    c- just change my price list because harry W thinks i should
    d- all of the above

7. roundyracer

roundyracer been to the mountain and seen the elephant.usmc 68

8. Harry Whitehead

Tazzy, that would be the case UNLESS you ARE counting on taxidermy to make a living!!!!!

9. Harry Whitehead

Glenn, you asked for it and you got it. Remember the name calling comment? Seems you don't have the mentality to keep up with the conversation.... You're good entertainment though! Complements to your elementary English teacher!! Lol. I do have to ask though, who the hell goes to Disney world 15 times? I've never been once! Do you still like the rides??? Lmao!!!!!!

10. Harry Whitehead

Question? Glenn, read slowly so as to understand and keep up. BUT, what IF there was a national standard. WHAT IF everybody had to charge the same price? Take a look in the mirror and be HONEST, where do you think that you and your business would stand?
    THAT IS A LEGITIMATE QUESTION!!! Let's hear your response.....

11. Glad you like the entertainment, Yes i love the rides but my kids loved them more. that why we have been 15 times.
    maybe you should go harry you might even enjoy your self, don't knock what you haven't tried. For god sakes that what you been telling me now for 5 pages don't be scared to jump to 500. I shouldn't knock it until i give it a try RIGHT!

Now to the nut cutting
    If there was a national standard i would adhere to it. I wouldn't even have a problem if we all had to pass the same test. You know as well as i it would get ride of a lot of shabby shops.
    If your asking me can my work stand with yours, by all means yes it will .
    Harry i think the only place you and disagree on is i dont like being told by someone else what i should be doing.
    I stated way back several pages i would be going up some i am convinced at should at least hit 400. But i already know that's not good enough for you. You cant seem to help your self neither with the insults can you.( English teacher)
    Your turn

12. Harry lets see what type of man you really are.
    lets get this bs off tax-net
    Call me lets talk like adults grown men that share a conman interest.
    I have no problem posting # here
    cell 318-435-0090
    shop phone tomorrow
    318-467-1455
    lets talk balls in your court.

13. Harry Whitehead

Let's do a math test. How old are you? You seem to be in your late thirties buy your pic. Could be wrong based on the information at hand.

14. socalmountainman

socalmountainman Northwestern School of Taxidermy - Class of '73

Wow, what a compliment Glenn - 30 yrs old? Do I look 30 in my picture? Joe

15. Harry Whitehead

I didn't say 30. I said late 30's. That means 39. Get it? So what of it is the early 40's. What is Glenn's age?

16. the body is 50 but feels like 75 but the brain thinks 20

17. cht

cht New Member

I thought Micheal's thread stated "Not trying to start a fight, but honestly, how do they do it?' Ever heard the term grow up LMAO

18. Harry lets see what type of man you really are.
    lets get this bs off tax-net
    Call me lets talk like adults grown men that share a conman interest.
    I have no problem posting # here
    cell 318-435-0090 TONIGHT
    shop phone tomorrow
    318-467-1455
    lets talk balls in your court.

still waiting !

19. Harry Whitehead

Tell me what talking about this behind closed doors will prove? You have threatened several people on here to this point and now you want to settle this privately. I didnt atart this, you did. All o did was make you look like a fool. Thats why you're mad. My question is settle what? Settle that you are illiterate? Settle that you don't know squat about accounting? I'll tell you what, YOU call me and then I'll report everything we talk about here! 859-489-6619 call tomorrow though... It's my bedtime..

20. Now your flat out lying
    who have i threatened.