1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Rock ledge for a ram

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by typical10, Apr 28, 2012.

1. typical10

typical10 New Member

Is making a rock ledge to hang from the wall with a LS ram on it out of mache the har way of doing things? Suggestions or pictures would be appreciated. thanks jeff~

2. bill@hogheaven

[email protected] New Member

buying a reaqdy made one is the easiest way. making one the way you describe is the age old method &allows you to customize to your desires.

3. danielemt

danielemt New Member

i made a smaller one for a half mount bear. i used the way that McKenzie says on there site. using burlap chicken wire plaster mix and their rock mix. was easy and very cheap. it was my first one and still was very easy. when youre done just smooth out the rock mix texture is how you like. then let it dry. then paint with brown and black paint how you like it. make sure your paint is very watered down. once its all paint get a wet towel and wipe it down. it will light the colors and give you many different colors in the rock with the high points being very light in color. i made mine 18'' x 24'' for about $10.

4. bigbear 669

bigbear 669 Member

Quick rock or Habitat rock from Dale Manning. Easy and light weight

5. Mike Powell

Mike Powell Well-Known Member

www.rocksrocks.net has some good stuff too. Near Dallas, TX

6. Here is one I just did for a bear.

Attached Files:

7. saddlehorse_98

saddlehorse_98 Member

can't decide if I like the bear or the rock better. that bear is a pig. nice work