So I just 'finished' my first deer, and by finished I mean got to a point where I can stop and let it dry for a while. Wow...deer are a lot harder than fox and coyote!! Here is what I learned: 1) Measure. 2) Measure again. 3) Buy form. 4) Measure again. 5) Buy new form to fit actual measurement. 6) Some how manage to still have wrong form. 7) Plow ahead anyway (this is not a recommended step). So the form was too small (well the first one was way too big), but I was determined to just practice before I spent 600$ in forms just trying to get the right one. I don't know how I ended up with the wrong form the second time because I knew what size I needed and I could have sworn I ordered that size but when it got here it was a different size than what I thought I ordered. Anyway. Next challenge: I'd never taken the cartilage out of a deer ear before. First ear: nearly an hour, Second ear: five minutes. Don't know why the first one was so hard. I bought plastic ear butts, I won't do that again there is not enough 'wiggle' room and they fit awkwardly onto the form. This cape had a brisket but I managed to ruin it (don't ask). The eye does have an eyelid crease, but it gets washed out when I take pictures. Don't bother with a proper critique, I know there is way too much for you to go into here. However, I'm still proud of my first one! Later I will take a whole bunch of photos and compare them to living deer shots to see exactly what I can do better (other than buy the right form). Next up...detail fun! Going to mount him on a plaque with some branches and such to give him more 'interest'.