1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

red fox living in my backyard

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by 24/7, Apr 30, 2012.

1. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Shasta..... this stupid arguing is how we 'lighten up'! LMAO!

2. ShastaDonegan

ShastaDonegan Lets start with ridiculous and move backwards.

Awww shucks guys...Glad to know you care.
    "blushing" :)

3. JE

JE Well-Known Member

Not sure about the USA, but foxes are known to carry
    Rabies
    Mange
    Toxocariasis
    Canine heart worm
    "French" heartworm
    Fox tapeworm
    Yet my advice was not considered "intelligent info" Why would anyone want to chance any of those in their back yard ?
    John

4. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

John, you missed out on Lymes disease, ehrlichiosis, and encephalitis among others. You know as well as anyone how the bleeding heart animal rights weenies scream about this and the yuppies moving into the "country" don't know any better than to think Walt Disney wouldn't lie to them. You are correct. That's why many of us shoot, shovel, and shutup.

5. michael p.

Me too! :)

6. rebel0895

rebel0895 New Member

They need to open up a "Rant and Rave" post on here "like the critique post, that stays at the front" for those who like to "Rant and Rave," so all other post can be strictly informational, I'm a beginner in taxidermy and like to get on here to read Tips, Tricks, Ideas and ask questions that ain't found easily on goggle, and not to hear a transcript of a daily soap opera.

7. michael p.

As many others and myself have always stated, if you want it 'your way', start your OWN SITE! W T F do you people want for free?!
    It's EASY here compared to how some customers are going to treat you!

How in the [expletive deleted] can you people not see so much more positive and grasp it instead of hanging onto the negative?!

My gosh, one 5 minute tutorial from Matt wipes out 1 month of sh it! No wonder there is such a rollover of taxidermists in this industry! Jeesh!

8. jazz_fan1

jazz_fan1 Member

First impressions on this site are very deceiving. Read all you can and hang around for awhile and I can promise your initial opinions will change. I haven't been around forever, three years, but I have gained a lifetime's worth of information and it was all free.

9. My first impression of this site was that it was an awesome site with a few cranky people that post in it. I started reading this site some time before the forum changed in 06, so, I'd guess that I have been reading it about 8 years. In 8 years, I'm still not a taxidermist and my opinion of this GREAT site hasn't really changed that much. There are still cranky posts, but I can't tell you how much more I have grown to RESPECT the opinion NOW of those forum members accused of making the "cranky" posts.

And, just to stay on topic, here's one of a pair of kit foxes that were reared for a while in a hole in my yard a few years ago.

[​IMG]

10. Mike Powell

Mike Powell Well-Known Member

So some newbie posts some personal rambling and gets offended at a comment made by one of the "old guys" on here. Another newbie jumps in and blasts the old guys on here for their belittling and verbal abusing others (exactly what he did himself). To which another jumps in a says "agreed". I and others try to instruct, without being insulting in any way, and we get blasted again, and then we are told, we're getting out of hand and need to "lighten up."

George, I have a strong urge to quote you from another thread, but I will refrain and elect to "lighten up". MichaelP, I better not quote you too much either LOL. Tell Miranda hello for me!

11. George

LOL Mudcat. Good picture but I have to challenge your grammar. You should have said that the picture was of one of a pair of fox KITS instead of "one of a pair of kit foxes". Kit foxes are a separate breed. Sorry, just couldn't help myself.

12. Randy Miller

Randy Miller Active Member

Wow, the speling on this thred reely sux....

I saw a can of red beans in my pantry tonight, and thought I'd like some Cajun red beans and rice, but I didn't know what went into Cajun spice. I Googled "cajun spice", and 20 minutes later I'm eating them. I love computers and the internet. I love this thread! Thanx guys!

13. 24/7

24/7 New Member

Wow I missed a lot today! There u hav it NEWBIE'S. B sure u check with mr t,gearge,and michael p. Before posting to see if ur post is worthy of their valuable post space and time because true profetionals like them don't hav time to waste watching this site all day to answer ur ignorant post. U know this site will shut down after we newbies use up all their post space! Come on guys, what bovine scatolagy! If u don't like someones post, why not just skip over it and move on to something realy important. I could understand ur agrivation if this was one of the other catagories but this is the beginners catagory. I would think its for BEGINNERS to ask silly questions and make off topic posts. U aparently hav nothing better to do with ur time,than watch tis sit al day and and tell eachother how great u r. It took u just a short amount of time to tell me how ignorant my post was and u spent 24 hrs and three whole pages of ur seriously valuable thread space lecturing us newbies on what's acceptable and what's not acceptable to post. U brag on ur post numbers and act like that is the only true measure of a proffetional and a newbie but what r the majority of ur posts about? Just this exact childish,self gratifying,crap. I didn't realise to reach the status of a true profetional taxidermist u only had to know ur way around a key board. I guess all real taxidermist r just profetionals from birth and none of them had to learn at a later stage in life. I am not a thin skinned person and generaly take constructive advice well but advice is generaly taken and accepted in the way its presented. Well, I hav said my peace and feel much better, so trash me thrash me,tell everyoe how stupid I am, I am done with this shit. I will simply go back to being a sad little newbie that learks in the shadows of my sad little world of newbieville. Sorry for the spelling mistakes. Hav a nice evening guys!

14. Well, by George, you're right!

15. George and Micheal you guys are meenies.......

16. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

Do you want a tissue?

17. Keyda81

Keyda81 I'd rather be weird than normal

What is up with the drama lately?! Got this going on here, another one in the for sale section, jeez. I'm going to chalk it up to cabin fever, or something in the water. :)

18. George

Sounds as if its Pampers time as well,T.

24/7 you really shouldn't worry about what WE do. You don't get to pick and choose what we do and what we don't say in response. I take by your embrace of Ebonics you spend a lot of time on the computer. I'd suggest that after you learn to use Google, you should enroll in remedial second grade English.

19. Mr.t George Micheal I got a question for you.....How nice were the guys that you asked questions to learn taxidermy??????........

20. George

What guys? Michael had it worse than any of us. He had to live with his teacher. LOL