1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

replicas

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by eliscull, May 1, 2012.

1. eliscull

eliscull Nov. 2011

NJ
    Ok guys here is a question for you. My brother and I ended up shooting the largest buck"s" we ever shot only to find out later that we shot the same deer. We shot the deer 3 hours apart and about a mile from each other. Not knowing the other one shot the deer till we got back to the house did we realize we shot the same deer. We have this thing where nobody goes and sees their deer or tracks it without the other one there. Even though I saw the deer fall about 45 yards away from me I never went over to him. So our highs went from the highest to high to this WTH!!! lol But here is the thing now. I was wondering if there is any way possible to have a replica made so we can both have the deer mounted. Problem is the deer has been mounted. Please help!!!!!!!!! Can call me at 609-536-0051
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Beautiful harvest guys !!!!!!!

3. steamvalley

steamvalley some cleaned and dipped skulls

well he is going to have to be un-mounted to have a replica made. Unless you get someone to sculpt from scratch. Either way it is going to cost a bit of money.

4. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

There is this guy on here that goes by the name of antlerman. I've seen all of his work and he is fantastic. His antlers look and feel real. He would be my choice hands down. You can call him at 618-669-2518. He will take good care of you. His real name is Tim.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< He looks alot like this guy.

5. Ha Haaaaa,I like that antlerman. :)

6. ljones

ljones 1994 wasco award winner

you can contact ben jones 615-517-0001 replicaracks.com the antlers will have to be removed from the mount but that is no problem , done it many times and it will not affect the orginal mount

7. Ted B

Ted B Active Member

There are alot of people who can do this, if you don't want the mount taken apart call Klaus Lebrecht at Antlers by Klaus, he can do this from photos of the deer.

http://www.classicantlers.com/Antler_recreation.aspx

8. antlerman

Why would you settle for a artists recreation when the original exists? As Jones said, taking the rack off is no issue what so ever. And a reproduction, regardless of who does it, is gonna be more accurate than something someone guess' at from a picture. However, I think I will start following Klaus around in hopes that I can pick up a few gold nuggets he drops when he craps. Does this guy walk on water too? What did I do with that autographed picture? It's got to be around here somewhere.

PS... Hey Ted, one of your pectoral muscles is bigger than the other one. Might want to inject on the other side a bit more. Work on those traps too. Left side is weak.

Hey just so the consumer here doesn't get confused, what ya say only those who know what they are talking about be the ones directing his path. A reproduction is where a mold of the existing rack is made and has an exact finger print of the original. A recreation is an artists creation of what he can see, and adlibs where he can't see using pictures and measurements as his only guide. While a couple of guys have achieved a high level of success doing this for racks that have been lost or stolen, none of them can match a set exactly as can be achieved when building a mold from the original set. So where the original set exists, having a mold made of those originals is the only coarse worth considering, and Klaus would tell you the same thing, I'm sure. Hey, he has a lot of fans, but he would also tell you to go the reproduction route over the recreation route. Many don't realize that taking the rack off is no big deal. Those of us who do this, do it on a regular basis with no issues, so don't be lead astray. GL. One of us will be glad to help you.

Just some of the people for you to consider for this job would be:
    myself
    Ben Jones,
    Klaus,
    Chad Haase,
    Marshell Ray,
    Rhett Rieckoff
    and many others. Don't be swept away by fancy websites and purdy pictures. Some don't advertise because if they did they couldn't handle the work load. (wa) Ask around with the people who have actually had work done by one of these guys and don't be drawn in by just fan base alone. Seen many unhappy customers who did that. Obama once had a big fan base, but look at the finished product. LOL

Just curious Ted..what does Klaus pay you guys?? Just curious. Thinking I might need me a fan base so I wouldn't ever have to come on here either.. LOL

9. repro antlers

repro antlers Member

You don't need a fan base, your mouth takes care of that for you Tim. Klaus doesn't pay anyone and doesn't have to cause his work speaks for him. Maybe some don't have a website cause there work isn't up to par with others and they have to get on here and run their mouth about everyone else to try to make up for it. I've talked to folks on here who have had work done by you and have said it is ok at best and some have had to even fix it themselves, sounds fantastic to me. Tim please quit trying to put everyone down for your lack of ability to keep up with the big boys, its really getting old.

10. antlerman

Hey, I was razing Ted as he knows of my son's gym and accomplishments and I would think he found the humor in it. You however, don't have a name and hide behind a screen like the Idiot Frog so screw you. Big Boys?? Son, go set down before someone slaps you. Klaus has earned his right, not denying that. BUT MANY have surpassed the old Klaus. But never do we see Klaus on here adding to this site or being a part of. Just you pissants looking for a GOD. Obama is your man. He will lead you to the promise land. I just find it funny how you guys worship this God you speak of. I want to be like Klaus. You then can wash my feet, my child. If it's the job you want, go for it, whoever you are.....obscure peasent. It's not the job I seek, but knowledge bestowed upon an otherwise misguided and misdirected subject. One which you seem to really know nothing about, but enjoy being a part of "The Club". Club on Brother and maybe someday Klaus will knight you into the priesthood. I hope so, then we shall all know your name and bow at your feet, MY LORD.

If you didn't notice I included Klaus in the list of replicators I think worthy of taking care of this guys needs. I didn't say one was better than the other. I said: here is a list of people capable of taking care of his needs. Klaus was included in that list. You however seem to have an inferiority complex that you need to deal with. Your momma must not have shown you any love as a baby. Your better than that dude. Rise up and be proud. The world does not hate you. You are worthy of love. Come out from the darkness and let the light shine upon you. You may be surprized to find that people will think you're an ok guy. It's Okay. I will hold your hand until you feel comfortable to walk alone. The first step is the hardest, but it will get easier as you go. Don't be afraid. We will take it slow. It will be ok, I promise. Ask Klaus if it's okay though first. I know you must first ask for permission before you take that first step. If it's ok with him, then start your journey. There's a wonderful world out here for you just waiting for your entrance. You will be fine. Do NOT BE AFRAID! the water is fine.

11. Ted B

Ted B Active Member

Well Tim I don't know what bug crawled up your ass, but I don't see anywhere in my post where I said Klaus was more accurate than yourself or anyone else. Truth be known I have bought a replica from replica racks as well as Klaus and have nothing bad to say about either.

If you read the original post you can ASSUME that he would like to keep the existing mount in tact, hell I would if I was him, why take it apart if you don't have to, and yes if he goes by measurements and score sheets its totally at the artists skills to reproduce it. Can't you produce it from measurements and photos Tim ???

I'm not on anyones payroll, I just gave my opinion and that obviously put a burr in your saddle, but that's your problem not mine.

BTW, I am aware that one pec is bigger than the other, if you must know its because when I was into powerlifting I tore one side pretty badly bench pressing. Nothing injected anywhere on me, don't need it never will but I guess some people can't handle the fact that I can look that way when alot of others would never put in the effort.

12. Ted B

Ted B Active Member

Well Tim, I will apologize as I didn't see humour in your post at first, I forgot it was your son who owned the gym in Missouri

13. antlerman

TRUTH???

Klaus has been around forever. He goes back to the Dick Idiol days of old. I've read the book. LOL No one has done the caliper of racks that Klaus has done. No-one. If that makes him an icon, then so be it. He is an icon. There is something different in the way all of use do our work. We do it differently because we feel our way is better. Some will disagree with our ways, but others will appreciate them. We are in fact in a competitive business. Many of us joined in the rank and file as replicators due largely to the work Klaus was doing. We are all pretty much his followers. But with that increase and competitiveness new development and methods arose. Some prefer the old verses the new. Nothing wrong with that. But the way some of you worship these Gods is crazy. I love it. You get so tunnel vision that you become blind with admiration. Klaus is a leader in this indusrty. No question about it. But there is room for many and if you think I will ever go away simply because you ask me to is funny beyond control. Klaus is a God. Is that what you want me to say? LOL Naw, he's just a replicator worthy of his due just like all the rest who don't sign pictures of themselves.

Ted, sorry you forgot as we have had similar exchanges before razzing Tom Voyer. Yes, I know the work, the dedication and the drive needed. Your still lookin good old man. My other son just entered the power lifting world at 35 years old and won his first meet out with a 1700 lb total. weighed in at 230. He's got a ways to go to make world class, but that was one hell of a start. Younger son is all geared up for the summer olympics. He's pushin some crazy weights, peaking at just the right time so we will see.
    I was simple trying to have fun with you. No, I wouldn't do it the recreation way, as I just fail to see any benefit to it and NO, BUT HELL NO, can I do it either. That is reserved for only a few with much more patience than I pocess.

14. Ted B

Ted B Active Member

No harm done Tim, I hope ur sons both do well with their endeavors, that lifting is HELL on the body!

15. Randy Miller

Randy Miller Active Member

Geez, I can't believe a guy on here publicly admits to scrutinizing your pecs that closely.....

Ted, nice ti+s!!

16. antlerman

to the Original Poster...

I just remebered a couple of other names worthy of doing what you need done.

They all hate me, LOL, but thats ok. I'll still give them a plug.

Bryan Umbanhower from someplace in Illinois. Can't remeber the name of the town
    there's some guy out around Kansas City also. Can't remember his name, but someone will read this who will.
    A guy named Stuart Valintine
    something Livinggood. Was with Klaus for a number of years....Don't know much else.
    Mike Gillis....been around for years. Wisconsin I think.
    also someone in Ohio...Heath Cline would know who he is.

Point is...there are many. Do your homework and although fan clubs are cool, there is also some shifty chit out there too. Ask around and do your homework. GL Dude. I hope your journey turns up all good.

17. antlerman

yeah Ted........nice tits! LOL

18. Ted B

Ted B Active Member

Dale Livingood, at Artistic Antlers.

Gee thanks Tim, I think its time for a picture change lol

19. Randy Miller

Randy Miller Active Member

Perhaps Tim has a thing for gluts as well? Just a suggestion. LOL

20. Ted B

Ted B Active Member