1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

What else do you do?

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by jt, May 1, 2012.

1. jt

jt Member

PA
    I play slow pitch. I play here in St. Marys and also in a Sunday league in Warren. Never tried fast or modified, but would like to. Warren has a modified league in the middle of the week, but it's too far to travel for just one game and it interferes with my home league. The Sunday league is 2 games.

Outdoor introductions sounds really cool Jason. I applaud you for that!

2. Shawn Bakken

Shawn Bakken New Member

I like to play cowboy on the weekends.......

Attached Files:

3. Shawn, what breed is that? It is a beautiful horse.

4. Shawn Bakken

Shawn Bakken New Member

Chris....it's a blue roan quarter horse....I agree she's gorgeous and has a personality to match!!!!!!!

5. Nice looking horse Shawn!

Bruce

6. hodx

hodx Herman Darr

Retired from full time restoration job i had to work everyday in Washington DC..restoring old buildings in and out...my hobbies are wood carving,embedded electronics.microcontrollers,guitar,computer art,motion graphics,fishing...and not driving to DC anymore

7. Monty Artrip

Monty Artrip Active Member

Weightlifting and driving or working on my Camaro.

8. Dave Byrd

Dave Byrd Active Member

When I'm not tied to the funeral home and taking a break from taxidermy, I play paintball. Nothing like playing weekend warrior every now and then.

9. Megan :)

Megan :) Well-Known Member

Just found this thread and thought I'd add my two cents:
    Shawn, that is a beautiful horse!
    Also, I spend my time with my daughter and son, ages 2 and 1. Like to hunt, target shoot and spend as much time outside as possible; rain, snow, or shine.
    I also love chocolate. :D (my husband says its amazing I'm not fat)

10. Judysan

Judysan The Roadkill Queen

I'm full time operations worker at an outdoor school. I do most of their carpentry, plumbing and electrical. Taxidermy was suppose to be a hobby, but is more and more a second job. I also refurbish old furniture and re-upholstery. I've done stained glass for years. I've recently returned to family tree research. I do periodic 2D and 3D fine art works. I'm a casual bird watcher (only because I can never remember all the names, but I like looking) I like remodeling houses. Oh, and gardening ...

11. I work full time at an environmental company, taxidermy a little more than part time and I am President of the New England Association of Taxidermists. Besides the usual hunting, fishing and family time, I like to brew my own beer and fly rc helicopters.

12. dmac1175

dmac1175 Active Member

I am pastor of a church, hospice chaplain, and part time taxidermist. Besides spending as much time as possible hunting deer, waterfowl, and turkey, I also train Labs for hunt test and field trials. I also like collecting antique duck decoys. God, church, and family are in the forefront of all of these interest and hobbies.

13. Hedhuntr

Hedhuntr New Member

Restoring cars and trucks, dog breeding and playing the guitar.

14. Mudslinger64

Mudslinger64 New Member

I am a welder for a worldwide mining equipment manufacturer.we build the huge equipment for open pit iron and underground coal mining.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. tviper56

tviper56 Active Member

I am retired from law enforcement and currently work as a Major Accounts Sales rep for a global Cloud Computing Company. Taxidermy is a part time/full time job that I have been playing with since the late 1970's. I am recently married, have six kids between us but only one left at home. I love fishing with my wife and 11 year old stepdaughter, coaching girls basketball and am the biggest Kansas City Royals fan ever! I also have enjoyed this thread as some of us have been on here for years and it's good to see some of your interests. I also enjoy bowhunting, duck hunting, gardening and traveling!

Tim

16. Keyda81

Keyda81 I'd rather be weird than normal

I'm a stay at home mom. I love going hunting/camping, riding my motorcycle, and driving my car. Taxidermy is the newest hobby of mine, lol. I like collecting skulls, and I spend way too much time on this forum. :)

17. belliott

belliott New Member

I am a full time Plumbing contractor. It leaves little time for anything else. I also have 3 sons 3,10 and 12 years old. We hunt and fish alot and I also do wood and metal working and recently started carving on rocks.

18. fozziebear

fozziebear New Member

My other addiction besides hunting & fishing has to be LATE MODEL DIRT TRACK RACING!!!!! You can find this redneck at many dirt tracks across the state every weekend !!!! I do not race , I just go and eat dirt burgers and look at all the toothless critters walking around in the stands lol ! I sponsor 3 different cars in three different divisions! Good advertising!

19. bill@hogheaven

[email protected] New Member

Cash retirement checks.

20. jt

jt Member

PA
    Thanks for taking time to reply to this thread everyone. Very cool to see what else is going on, other than taxidermy, in our family's lives.