1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Cowboy hat buck

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Wingchaser_labs, May 6, 2012.

1. Everytime I look at this deer on the wall I think of a cowboy hat. Not your regular beam shape on this buck. Beams layed back extreme and then wrap around flat above the deer's head again. Its' exactly where it was when I caped it as I take multiple measurements. Can't see it very well in the pics but the middle of the beams lays exactly horizantal with the ground almost pointing down a little actually. Nice black mane to boot.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. mccraw23

mccraw23 New Member

Nice mount.

Roy McCraw

3. Nice job Kyle, when are you coming down to Brownsville and drink some beer?

4. I've done a couple like that as well, not the black mane though..neat. I like getting weird ones to work on, this deer has a cowboy hat on to...he just likes it tipped back a lot. ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Thanks. Lol I dunno Jim. I'm scramblin. I leave for Alaska to work again the 31st and I have 18 more deer I have to get on forms and finish before then Not to mention all the ones drying waiting for finish work. Gonna be a long week. Hopefully I can get down some time before I leave but won't be for a couple weeks. I don't drink beer but I can bring some other stuff to drink haha.

I remember you posting that one before Dennis. Crazy buck. Must be a pain for them to rotate their ears.

6. Kyle they couldn't go forward at all. There was a nasty, callused bald spot on both ears where they pressed up against the antlers. The lady that took this buck said when it came in they looked like flop eared deer do, said they just hung down.

7. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Love your work Kyle! Dennis, that rack reminds me of one of those moosedeer :)

8. Your right Michael..it dose.. :)

9. Thanks. Yeah I figured that one may not be able to.

10. Brian Reinertson

Brian Reinertson Active Member

Great mount Kyle!

11. davehyer

davehyer New Member

Nice mounts guys, but I have to sayy I hate the form that dennis buck is on. Probably the most anatomically incorrect form I have ever mounted on. Problem is, it looks pretty good when done and allot of people request it.

12. linder

linder New Member

Great looking deer .

13. Ron1949

Ron1949 New Member

Very nice mount!