1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Lesson for beginners

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by Arduckaholic, May 7, 2012.

1. Brent W

Brent W New Member

X2 on Greg Livebucks, He has some draft contracts you can lookk at and then Tweak to your needs and state laws. He is great to work with and once you decide what you want he is very quick to ship. Highly recomend him

2. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

I can't believe someone would ask that question. Then again, not much surprises me now adays. No way on God's green earth does a piece enter my shop without a CONTRACT.

3. nickstax

nickstax New Member

friends and family will put in the poor house. no contract no work. i get half down on everything and from everybody. ask yourself this question. will the bank give me a credit card without a contract? can i buy a car without a contract? a house? or anything. yet people think that taxidermist are just a bunch of good ole boys who don't have bills to pay kids in school and mortgages to contend with. we should do our work and hope that the person will pay us when the work is done. i give everyone 30 days to pay off there balance then it for sale or off to the land fill. no matter what the jerks will say about you when they are asked why you sold there deer or whatever they come out looking the jerk that they are for not paying there bill. this is just me and my early morning rant. sorry if i have steeped on anyones toes but if you can't pay me then mount it yourself.

4. Nickstax is right family and friends will put you in the poor house and won't look back, I'm a firm believer that nice guys finish last, I've sent them letters telling them that I will dispose of the mount if not picked up in given amount of time. One idea is to put it on EBay. I sold a caton there and added crating fee plus shipping and recouped most of my balance due. Good luck on it.

5. Arduckaholic

Arduckaholic New Member

I could make a killing on this cat on eBay had a guy that owns a hunting outfit in Oklahoma offer to buy it yesterday. Im trying to give the guy more of a chance then he deserves

6. Give him a deadline tell him you got bills to pay

7. IDForkHorn

IDForkHorn Common sense just isn't that common anymore

yep i agree, common sense just ain't that common anymore!

8. novicestuffer

novicestuffer New Member

no contract?? what cat?? sell it!

9. That's right sell it. If you still had a contract you can still sell it.