1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

I Love My Job

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by DL, May 11, 2012.

1. DL

DL Well-Known Member

Today was one of those days that I love. I guy came to pick up a honker I had done and he brought his hunting and fishing partner. His 7 year old daughter. She was all excited to see all the animals and naming them off. I had a wood duck of mine that I was going to use for display at a gun shop for advertising and I got it and gave it to her. She was so excited to get it. I wish I had taken a picture of her. I'm a softy when it comes to youngsters like that hunting and fishing with there dads.
  2. elkevo

elkevo Tailgate Bucks

no better things in life then that, gifting to someone who will enjoy those things as such. DL I think we get this way with age, I do the same.

3. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

You're a good man! :)
  4. jmgriggs

jmgriggs Distinguished Wildlife Creations, LLC

DL, she will remember that forever! Thanks!!
  5. roostinridge

roostinridge Active Member

What a gift ! Ya got anymore or want to trade I am movinging into a bigger shop. Na just kidding--yes I am moving but what a good deed ya did. Concrats for your good gift.
  6. papagoose

papagoose papagoose and goslings

you are a good man.
  7. Good stuff!! I still remember when I was a little kid I had a F&W officer give me a found-dead elk skull from the back of his truck. It was weathered and had been out in the mountains for a few years. Squirrels had chewed the points, etc.

I still remember that and it was a very cool day. I was in such awe of getting something like that. No doubt, she will remember that for a long time and cherish the bird!
  8. clewis

clewis New Member

Random acts of kindness are some of the greatest things we can do - they lift ones spirit, renew ones joy of giving and make the recipent feel extrra special. Congratulations and thanks for sharing. A gift from the heart is never forgotten.
  9. That is awsome. Don't ever let the world change your heart you are a good man.