1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Employment wanted

Discussion in 'Taxidermy Employment' started by Gmkkmg, May 15, 2012.

1. Gmkkmg

Gmkkmg New Member

Texas
    I am looking for employment in the taxidermy field. I have attended central texas school of taxidermy so i have some skills to offer and i am wanting to continue to build upon the skills i do have. I understand that i may have to start at the bottom and work my way up and i am more then willing to do so. I am also willing to relocate to a new location to move forth with taxidermy. If anyone is interested please contact me either through this post or by email at [email protected] or by phone at (830) 928-9231 if no answer by phone please leave a message as i currently work 12 hr days at me job and cant always answer but i will return the call as soon as i can.

Thanks

George

2. B Jones

B Jones Memeber of - NTA,UTA,AIT.Proud Member of NZTA.

Stick with your day job! Why work for someone else if you have skills.

3. Gmkkmg

Gmkkmg New Member

Texas
    Thanks for your input Brad Jones. If you notice I put I have some skills and i want to continue building upon the skills i do have I know that you cant replace expierence and I will gladly work for someone if thats what it takes to gain expierence I will not open a shop until i feel more than comfortable in all aspects of taxidermy. I have put alot into this and I am not going to set myself up to fail. So there are reasons behind why i want to work under someone.

4. novicestuffer

novicestuffer New Member

george, i have been exactly where you are at!! 4 years ago i did the exact thing you are talking about. I relocated to work for a taxidermy studio. I had some skills, not many but i had a little...in fact I had more knowledge than I did experience....i worked for 3 months at that studio. I enjoyed the work and I enjoyed working for the gentleman I worked for. The most important thing I took away from that experience is this "dont be scared, just dive in" My whole deal was that I thought I needed technical training and guidence...nope, all I needed was someone to tell me....JUST DO IT....I dont have years and years of experience like most on here, and there are critters that people ask me to do that Ive never done before but it all comes in time..

If your willing to work hard, be patient, and stick with it.....you're not setting yourself up to fail!! my thought process was exactly like yours until that experience....

5. Randy Miller

Randy Miller Active Member

Novice, why only 3 mos and what are you doing now?

6. Gmkkmg

Gmkkmg New Member

Texas
    Still looking for employment in the taxidermy field if anyone is interested please contact me or if anyone knows of any leads that might help me to land a taxidermy job i would be very interested and grateful for the info. Relocating to somewhere will not be a problem .
    Thanks
    George Karnes