1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

leather zebra rug border

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by R.J. Meyer II, May 21, 2012.

1. R.J. Meyer II

R.J. Meyer II Member

Looking for recommendations on where to find the flat thin leather edging that most use on zebra rugs. It is to be sewn on and is black. I do not know what it it called to search for it. I have tried binding, edging, border by with no results. I have four rugs to do and am in need of this leather. Thanks

2. Jerry Huffaker

Jerry Huffaker Well-Known Member

Black colored buckskin

3. You can dye most colors black with leather dye with good results. Check with Tandy Leather Company. If you can't find a number, text me and I will give you a number. They will ship it out promptly for you. Hope this helps!

4. gtout

gtout New Member

I buy black half skins from a Tandy distributor. The last one was about $75. I use a rotary cutter to cut strips. You could send your rugs to me and I will do them!
    Gail Tout
    T-Basix Rugmaking
    520-790-1054

5. Major

Major New Mexico.....Not much different than the old one

Gail did two for me and they were absolutely perfect. I couldn't dream of doing something like that as well as Gail did for us. When it comes to rugs and stuff like that, send them out.

6. R.J. Meyer II

R.J. Meyer II Member

Major, her work is very nice. We have a large studio and an industrial sewing machine. Losts of money to be made doing your own bear rugs in house with the right equipment. Grab a pinking machine and a quality sewing machine all under $2800.00 and forget the shipping two ways, boxing and cost ro rugger and pocket the profits.