1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

2nd deer and 1st bison please critique

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by kahoff, May 21, 2012.

1. kahoff

kahoff New Member

I finshed up a couple of shoulder mounts. This is my second deer I have ever done and my first bison.Any feedback would be great. Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. kahoff

kahoff New Member

More close up pics

Attached Files:

3. boarhunter67

boarhunter67 Well-Known Member

Two things that stand out to me. The bottom lip on the bison looks too full or like it's showing too much. It's hard to tell from such a small picture. Everything else on the bison looks great to me. On the deer, I don't like the ear position. They look a little low. It might be the angle of the picture. Try posting a picture from straight on. It sounds like you are just starting out. If this is true, you are doing great.

4. there no main on the bision ? did you tan or tannery? I agree with the assement so far the eyes on him kinda look open to far but that also could be his a differant age than the ones ive done, but nice work over all , the deer is 2 things one the upper lip is over tucked sands out to me anyway the black lines upper and lower line up but the upper lip should have a clean sharp line to the back and then a small suttle curle in the corner, the next time if you try tucking from the middle bottom first work both side the same then tuck your top line in and that might help you see what im saying i dont think the ears are off much in the next one dont go by the form use measurements like left/ right tip of the horns to center of nose that way you get the horns back the way it was shot , then the ears shoud fall into the correct possion becuase the horns will make the adjustments for you , over all again nice work try looking into the eye tool they sell it has a left and aright this will form the eye for you and the the eye will be closer to correct. the back corner is off some good luck your going to be real good just study some more mark c