1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Taxidermy History Joke

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by hodx, May 24, 2012.

1. hodx

hodx Herman Darr

Check this wrong version of Taxidermy History...he gets a lot of names wrong

2. gab

gab Active Member

very entertaining.i liked it and so did his intended audience.I get the feeling he could care less what other taxidermists think.I liked his "dark side "comment.lighten up!this ain't brain surgery or saving the world

3. Is that the same guy that I though was in california that made those goofy commercials. The ones were there would show a mount and someone would is that a (whatever animal at the time) then he would pop out and say no it is and his name?
  4. gab

gab Active Member

nope,Chuck Testa!!(that's him)
  5. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

I loved that video!

I think the Kish firing during the middle of judging was brought on by our own George if my memory serves me right :)
  6. cyclone

cyclone Posts: 400001

The earth was FOURMED?
  7. gab

gab Active Member

if he could spell he probably wouldn't be a taxidermist.
    there is a lesson to be learned here:here's an old school guy putting out medium quality commercial work who has made himself a household name,while there's alot of true "artists" out there barely making ends meet.
    My personal opinion is that a guy that's never mounted a head in his life but knows sales and marketing can do better than the purist taxidermist in this day and age,thank to the 'dark side"
  8. michael p.

There's a saying I live by in promoting and running my busines, 'people do not care how much you know until they know how much you care'.

I am an average Taxidermist IMO, but I literally put my heart into every piece and it shows to the customer. I can tell them all day long how great I am and that will not impress most. But if they know I will treat their mount to the best of my ability, that gives them the confidence to trust me with it.

I may be off in my assertion, but it seems to have worked pretty well.
  9. kikkertinz

kikkertinz Glass half full

That was great!! Loved the dark side comment too! Amen to that Mike!
  10. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

Service sells, bragging doesn't.
  11. gab

gab Active Member

thats' how I was going to reply to Michaels post.I have to rely on my taxidermists for the quality,but customer service is what I really concentrate on.Answering the phone,returning calls,giving honest answers,etc.
  12. michael p.

I have 2 cat mounts I should have had out late April, early May, not gonna happen. I called both and told them I need till mid-late June. Both said 'no problem' and both said THANK YOU FOR CALLING!

Communication! They will not have their cats back in 6 months ad we tried, but were happy that their Taxidermist cared enough to call and explain why it will be 7-8 months instead.

It's the little things.
  13. Ted B

Ted B Active Member

Obviously Chuck doesn't buy from Mckenzie LOL. Personally I would never buy one of Fraziers manikins, does that make me part of the dark side ???

That was about as informative as reading the back of a bottle of water, and JOE KISH asked him to write a book about the history of taxidermy ???

I hope someone spell checks it and proof reads it LOL
  14. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

What a POS. I'm glad his literacy and his taxidermy history knowlege validates what a complete idiot he is. That bull$hit about Kish really frosts my ass as I'll take the credit or blame for that move any day of the week, all week long for the rest of my life. ANY judge who did what he did should have been banned for life. He was paid good money from extremely limited resources to have "judged" the entire "gamehead" category in about 12 minutes. EVERY CRITIQUE, save ONE, had only one remark ("Poor choice of maninken. See judge") and a score at the bottom. (The guy who had been our National Champion the year before had that remark on his critique along with a score of 63. SIXTY FRIGGIN THREE??????? My work might rate a 63, but not that of a former champion. A REPLACEMENT judge however scored the same mount in the high 90's.) Then he retired to the hotel bar where he handed out copies of his own supply company catalog and its manikins. Joe is an exceptional anatomy and sculpting guy, but as a judge, he's a polarizing distraction, and if that's a "badge of honor" to anyone, they deserve the smell that goes with it as long as I'm alive.
  15. gab

gab Active Member

i may have to steal that "know how much you care"quote for my next brochures ;D
  16. JJ would flip his lid if he saw this. Carel Akley...very insulting IMO.
  17. John Janelli

John Janelli New Member

You're right Matt, I did flip! George sent me the link to this and when I saw and heard the material, Wow! I just couldn't believe it. The Hornaday that we know of never had an inkling to an ammunition company much less spelled his name the same way. The bullet guy is HORNADY and our guy is HORNADAY as in William T. Hornaday. For the sake of argument, I guess that's why it's called HIS-STORY. But I think even my old friend Joe Kish got a kick out of the NTA line, LOL!
  18. michael p.

John, I thought of you the second I saw it. Was gonna call you but I thought 'it's Friday, don't rile up his eeekend' LOL
  19. John Janelli

John Janelli New Member

Mike, just you wait, someday we'll rile up a weekend together Jersey style! Fuhgedabowdit!!!!