1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

A good airbrush

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by SWIFFY, May 31, 2012.

1. SWIFFY

SWIFFY Member

What are a lot of you folks using for airbrushes for finishing your gameheads? I've used a single action Iwata Revolution in the past and just wondering what everyone else uses? Maybe looking for a cheaper back-up? Whats your thoughts?

Thanks,

Swiffy

2. old guy

old guy Member

I think it is just a matter of what u get used to. some people like this,,other that,,,it is technique,and how you want to use it,,and what you are comfortable with,. myself I have used a Paashe double action 1 to 3 for,,well more years than I would like to think,,,but with great results. There are a lot of guns out there that will do the same. Inexpensive that I like ,,to more,,,well pricey..Good luck on your decision.,I am sure you will be happy with it.

3. Old Fart

Old Fart Active Member

You could have done the same thing with a Paasche H #1. It has basically the same tip(.55mm) as your Revolution(.50mm). If you're looking for a detail airbrush, look for something with a .20 or .21mm tip size. Most of the smaller tip airbrushes are double action, however. That might cause you a little frustration......I know it did for me when I made the switch, years ago.

4. waynenix

waynenix New Member

I use the Iwata Eclipse double action. It sprays whatever I put in it. Very forgiving airbrush.

5. The cheap one from machine mart will do the same thing.

6. SWIFFY

SWIFFY Member

I guess thats what im wondering... will it? I do believe you get what you pay for, but im looking at all these new airbrushes on ebay for under 40 dollars! Do you think they would make for a decent back-up or are they just as crappy as im affraid they're going to be?

I guess im answering my own question aren't I... sack up and pay the $100 bill for what I know works good!

Thanks fellas!

7. livbucks

livbucks Well-Known Member

I think I paid a buck fifty for mine with shipping. Have not regretted it.

8. Rick Carter

Rick Carter Administrator

Iwata BC plus

9. Dangitboy

Dangitboy Member

Iwata HP-C, Badger Krome, for detail. Paasche single action for broad coverage.