1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Largest Art Competition in the WOLRD " ARTPRIZE "

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by *, Jun 3, 2012.

1. *

* Liberalism IS A MENTAL ILLNESS !

Joe Miles, Jamie Outman, Paul Thompson, Andrew Harris and Myself from The Artistry of Wildlife and our piece "THE CHASE " has been accepted into ARTPRIZE.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

As of last week over 1600 entries were entered and we are amongst the 534 to date that have been accepted.

The Venue that Picked us , is The Gerald R Ford Presidential Museum In Downtown Grand Rapids

The curator told me each year the entire staff votes on the piece or pieces they want to accept.

This year and only this year the entire staff picked " THE CHASE " as a piece they wanted to sponsor and display at the museum. It was a unanimous vote and that had never happened before.

The show is international with entries from around the world. With awards of over $360,000.00 being give out.

If you are in Grand Rapids at the Time of the show please remember us and the taxidermy industry as a whole as we compete head to head in public voting against all the other art forms entered.

http://www.artprize.org/dennis-k-harris/2012/the-chase

2. Good luck Dennis. That is an amazing piece!

Bruce

3. EA

EA Well-Known Member

Congratulations to you all ! Good Luck..

4. It's about time!

5. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Hell yeah!

6. Great!!!! Its time taxidermist be recognized as Artist. We were recently accept to The Art Odyssey.

7. artwildcreate

artwildcreate Don't look at me.....

Frikkin AWESOME!

8. Doug Motgomery

Doug Motgomery Active Member

NICE!!!!! Good luck Dennis.....

9. fozziebear

fozziebear New Member

REALLY .....YOU CLOWNS ARE COMING BACK TO MY TOWN AGAIN LOL !!!! I hope it goes better than last time :D :D :D :D :D :D I am sure you will do great and it will be a great change of pace for this art show !!!! I think I'll go fishing that weekend ;) ;) ;) That town is gonna be a zoo ........haha get it :D Good luck guys !!!!!

10. *

* Liberalism IS A MENTAL ILLNESS !

NO FOZZIE, the guys and me are counting on your to pull the votes in
    We need you to really make some contacts and let everyone know we are their
    You are are WILD CARD, for Grand Rapids... ;D
    PLEASE !

11. A- Fish

A- Fish Stehling's Taxidermy

That's great Dennis. Good luck with it.

12. fozziebear

fozziebear New Member

Lol WILD CARD ! I'm quite sure your not
    gonna need any help from me D
    Your work will be a HUGE , HUGE HIT
    AT THAT SHOW! This will be a first of anything like
    this for that show. I meantioned this to
    the wife last year that someone should enter

13. boxerpet

boxerpet Harry Paulson-grateful

Dennis,
    You have brought the taxidermy industry to a truly artistic level.Our industry has grown in leaps and bounds with the artistry of those such as yourself.

May you succeed in winning and showing the world that there are no limits to which the present day taxidermis can not achieve and aspire.

14. Wildside

Wildside Active Member

Are you gonna put on one of those two sided advertising things and walk around promoting the peice? Are you handing out cards with the picture and number of the entry for people to remember what to vote for?

I attended last year and its awsome. Now this year I'll be able to say I have a peice in it. So cool!

15. That is awesome Dennis I look forward to seeing your guys work there.
    That is a great event that the wife and I enjoy every year they have had it and got a great venue to be at.

Best of luck guys.

16. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

best of luck dennis....what an honor

17. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Best of Luck Gang. I'm sure you will do well. You may get edged out though by some "AIR" squirrels. Bahahahaha!

Love the video. Nice shop.

18. Terry Vining

Terry Vining last photo together

Mi
    Good luck Den. I entered two years ago. My work showed at the Plaza Towers. You may have seen the bronzed sheep I entered at the MTA show two years ago. Maybe not. It was the only entry not photographed. I guess not all people like art. ;)

19. Jeff

Jeff New Member

Good Luck Dennis and others. You will get my vote.

Jeff

20. Congratulations guys! Can't wait to see it! It's alot of work setting up for the venue, I set up my aunts display a few years back. Let us know if you need help! Thanks for showing the industry for what it really is, about time!

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine