1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Eyes with eyeshine?

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by Metalwolf, Jun 4, 2012.

1. Metalwolf

Metalwolf New Member

I am gatheriing up supplies for a taxidermy project I am hoping to get started, and one of these would be eyes. It is for a wild boar. Is there an artificial eye that has the 'glow' that an animal's eyes normally have? I've looked for ages, but it's very hard to find it on the Net because my search engine is junk. So I might as well ask directly. Thanks!

2. theguyyouknowtaxidermy

theguyyouknowtaxidermy The Guy You Know Taxidermy<Daniel Elkins>

Your question is hard to understand. I mean all the artificial eyes are made to look like real eyes. Can you explain more what you are looking for.

3. NJTrapper

NJTrapper Member

Look up Uncle Harley on this site. He makes and sells the reflective eyes I think you are looking for. He is offering them in the "for sale " section.

4. SWIFFY

SWIFFY Member

Your looking for eyes with a "tapetum", the reflective coating that live animals have on their eyes to reflect the unnecessary light? Ive never seen eyes like that for sale myself. That look would only be natural if their was light shining in the animals eyes. Something different I guess.