1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

I picked a good time

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Tanglewood Taxidermy, Jun 4, 2012.

1. To take a week off. Broke my thumb today. DANG!
  2. Keyda81

Keyda81 I'd rather be weird than normal

Ouch! Hope it heals fast!

3. Jeez!!! Hope you at least did it while fighting a fish, casting a rod, cracking a cold one, or swinging a golf club!
  4. Brian Reinertson

Brian Reinertson Active Member

Bummer, I use my thumbs all the time. That will take some getting used to while it heals.
  5. I did it at my day job as a metal worker. Some how it got smashed by two falling 20 ft. metal extrusions. It couldn't have that I did something stupid. ::) The bone is split length wise from the tip toward the knuckle.
  6. LordRusty

LordRusty If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Ouchy! :eek: Wow ... that is a painful break. :-[ Laterals like that are nothing to sneeze at. When I was younger, and in LaSalle Military Academy, I got my thumb caught and smashed in the bolt of an M-1 rifle! Because the drill Seargent - who had a Hitler complex - had us hold the spring lever down for a prolonged time, my hand sweated and the damned bolt slammed shut on the tip of my thumb. Got a nice lateral split in the last bone ... from tip to knuckle! In short ... I feel for ya! ;) :-\
  7. double barrel

double barrel New Member

some people will do anything to get a vacation. LOL!!! Good luck, hopes it all goes well for ya.