1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

tanned soft /stretched beaver ON WILLOW HOOPS

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by irishme, Jun 5, 2012.

1. irishme

irishme New Member

I have many beavers, that are soft tanned and stretched on willow hoops.
    All will have some little amount od regalia/native american
    Would like to know if there will be any interest in orders for any.
    sizes will be -----------

EX-LARGE--120.00
    LARGE--100.00
    MED--80.00

Below pic is one example.

Thanks,
    Steve

Attached Files:

2. old60furs

old60furs MO buyers license number is 2465. I need your #

Re: tanned soft /stretched beaver

Looks great! Lots of folks pay BIG bucks for hooped beavers that are not as pretty as that one.

Thanks for the pic.

3. Re: tanned soft /stretched beaver

Am very interested. Any other pictures? Do you happen to know which indians and the meaning of regalia? Also, how do you take payment?

4. mjvaden

mjvaden New Member

Have to say the title of this post made me smile :)

5. irishme

irishme New Member

tttt

6. old60furs

I hope tttt does not mean bad words! I don't understand all this fancy taxidermist lingo. Nose button, girth, length, weight, color, bullet holes, species, eye to nose distance, etc. I thought you folks just took dead animals and mounted em! Ha!

Thanks for telling us they were willow hoops, Timberghost. I was going to ask. They look sorta like Chinese elm or ash.

Thanks for the update. I bet they will sell like hotcakes on a cold winter morning. And, did you ever tell us what Native American tribe they were meant to represent? I was thinking the Cherokee nation but possibly Apache. Any feedback would be appreciated. Feel free to pm me or if you get up early, you can a.m. me.

7. Raynewolfe

Raynewolfe TY for understanding things outside our control.

Beautiful, as always. :)

8. Raynewolfe

In many northwest tribal legends, the beaver is known as the carpenter of the animal kingdom, and considered to be the industrious one. In some therey are more mischevious though.

The Beaver is said to have been a woman at one time Tsimshian legends tells of this woman who dammed a stream to swim in it. Because she refused to get out, she was transformed and her leather apron became a Beaver's tail.

In Haida legend it is the Beaver who is responsible for providing the Salmon that the Raven had stolen to give back to the people.

Cherokee has many storys and legends for beaver. Creek/Muskogee has beaver as a clan... as do the Chipewa, Abenaki, Mojave, Huron, Iriqouis, cado and severla others...

One would imagine anywhere the symbolism for the beaver is found, where water willow also grows (often the same area) Use would be made of these Items in such a way. We always used to hoop hides as away to stretch an tan them.. though they would hang for a while and be somewhat decorative even if not permanent.. much in the way a wallhanger tanned critter is. If one has a beaver as a totem id think it would be a nice item... or if they wanted to bring about the qualities of a beaver also cool... though not much different than them being a totem LOL.

As to who did the first one or symbolic meanings thereof Ill leave that to more capable hands... Just thought id share what I knew of it. :)

9. old60furs

Way to go! That was a refreshing post, Kaye Raynewolf.

10. irishme

irishme New Member

Very informative Kaye. Thanks for the input.:)

11. Raynewolfe

Anytime guys. By no means an expert but thought I might be able to offer something resembling useful information. im sure theres a LOT more info out there though! Very beautiful product, couldnt resist!

K Raynewolfe

12. .

13. irishme

irishme New Member

;) theses are very nice and very reasonable in price
    alot of work in them

thanks

14. irishme

irishme New Member

I have several to choose from, even a blonde beaver

15. irishme

irishme New Member